Friday, November 16, 2018

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 11-16-2018

Friday, November 16, 2018
Today's Gift

Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself. ― Roy T. Bennett

"My greatest limitations," someone said, "are in my mind. Until I came to this group, I wasn't even aware that many of the negative circumstances in my life were the direct result of my distorted attitudes.

"I brought myself a lot of unnecessary misery by thinking it was my responsibility to manage and direct other people's lives. I believed it was solely up to me to make everyone else happy and secure. So I continually placed everyone else's needs first until I didn't know who I was or what I needed for my own happiness and comfort. It's exhausting and insane to try to second-guess everyone. Not only that, it doesn't give me or anyone else credit for being able to think, feel, or act for them self."

Today I will not manage or direct other people's lives, nor will I expect any other human being to fill my inner emptiness. I have the dignity, resources, and responsibility to fulfill my own life just as others have theirs. I will find my own sources of comfort, joy, and peace no matter what others do with their lives and free choices.

From The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes. ©
The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes.jpg

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

A wise person never loses anything if they have their self. --Montaigne

As recovering people, perhaps we have learned more fully what it means to have ourselves because we know the extremes of losing ourselves. In the past we weren't honest with others, or ourselves we didn't have our self-respect, and our compulsive actions violated our values. In that condition, we were incapable of believing in ourselves or of standing up for ourselves. Some of us felt like phonies or nobodies.

In this program we pray for wisdom, and it comes to us as we take possession of ourselves. We develop a better match between our inner feelings and our outer actions. We become willing to make choices, and we are able to take a stand based on our personal feelings and hunches. The things we possess like our gadgets, our cars, or our audio equipment are just temporary. Our integrity, our selves, can never be taken from us.

Action for the Day: Today, I will be grateful for the growing feeling within that who I am and what I believe is acceptable to me.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums Daily Recovery Readings - http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

****************************
One Day At A Time

Personal Relationships
Steps Eight and Nine are concerned with personal relationships. First, we take a
look backward and try to discover where we have been at fault; next we make
a vigorous attempt to repair the damage we have done; and third, having thus
cleaned away the debris of the past, we consider how, with our newfound knowledge
of ourselves, we may develop the best possible relations with every human being we know.
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 77

Thought to Ponder
The first step in overcoming mistakes is to admit them.

AA-related 'Alconym'
S T E P S = S
olutions Through Each Powerful Step


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Keep up the great work
by Ralph Marston

Look at how far you’ve come. Imagine how far you can now go.

The challenges are great, yet you’ve been through many challenges before. And in working through those challenges you’ve employed innovation, persistence, resourcefulness, faith, and great strength to forge much lasting value.

Appreciate all you have. Think of the great things you can now do with what you have.

Life has countless possibilities for improvement. Today you have the opportunity to make some of those improvements.

Go ahead and give yourself an enjoyable moment of satisfaction for that opportunity. Then give yourself even greater satisfaction by going to work on it.

Life is good and now you are making it better. Keep up the great work.


From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment