Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 5-22-2019

Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Today's Gift

The change of one simple behavior can affect other behaviors and thus change many things. —Jean Baer

Our behavior tells others and ourselves, who we are. Frequently, we find ourselves behaving in ways that keep us stuck or embarrass us. Or we may feel deep shame for our behavior in a certain instance. Our behavior will never totally please us. But deciding we want to change some behavior is a first step.

Remember, imperfections are human and very acceptable. However, changing a particular behavior, maybe deciding to take a walk every morning rather than sleeping 30 extra minutes, will change how we feel about ourselves. And a minor change such as this can have a remarkable effect on our outlook, our attitudes.

The dilemma for many of us for so long was the fear we couldn't change. But we can. And we can help each other change, too.

One small change today - a smile at the first person I meet - meditation before dinner - a few minutes of exercise - will help me chart a new course. I will encourage another woman to join me in this effort too, and I will be on my way.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey ©
1076.jpg

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Showing up is 80 percent of life.---Woody Allen

Life is full of things we don't want to do. Yet when all parts of us( mind, body, spirit) show up, things go okay. By being there, we can learn about ourselves and help others.

Showing up means we care about our program. It means we speak up at meetings. It means we care about our family, our friends, the world. It means we listen when a friend has a bad day. It means seeing ourselves in others. It means we talk to someone who bothers us. 
Showing up means we laugh when something seems funny. It means we cry when we feel sad. We're important, and we need to bring our mind, body, and spirit with us---wherever we go. Have I learned to show up, all of me?

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me show up for my life. Help me show up to do my part in Your plan today.

Today's Action: As I go through my day, I'll think about how I'm showing up for my life. I'll be proud of myself for doing my part.


From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums Daily Recovery Readings - http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

****************************
One Day At A Time

Self-Deception
Despite all we can say, many who are real alcoholics are
not going to believe they are in that class. By every form
of self-deception and experimentation, they will try to prove
themselves exceptions to the rule, therefore nonalcoholic.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, (More About Alcoholism) p. 31

Thought to Ponder
I would rather go through life sober, believing I am an alcoholic;
than go through life drunk, trying to convince myself that I am not.

AA-related 'Alconym'
D E N I A L = D
on't Even Notice It's A Lie


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Start strong
by Ralph Marston

Start each day the way you want to live it. Your thoughts and actions in the first moments have a strong influence on how the rest of the day goes.

Choose a great attitude, a powerful perspective, a meaningful purpose, and step boldly forward. Get the day off to a positive start that can build into a tenacious momentum.

As the day unfolds, hold fast to your intentions. You’ve decided how to live this day, so follow through with energy, enthusiasm, determination.

With your actions, show life how you want it to go. With your persistence, show yourself how purposeful and committed you can be.

Make good use of your ability to adapt to changing conditions. At the same time, refuse to be thrown off track by meaningless distractions.

Start strong, with a positive purpose that will last the whole day. Build on that strength, hold steady to your purpose, and finish the day stronger than ever.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment