Monday, December 11, 2017

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 12-11-2017

Monday, December 11, 2017
Today's Gift

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller

What I think about surrounds me. What I allow to be entertained in my mind becomes a reality. If I think negatively, I will attract negativity in my life. On the other hand, if I concentrate on developing positive thoughts, I will attract positive people and events to my life. My potential will be increased.

I cannot control what thoughts come into my mind, but I can control my perception and reaction to them.

I pray that I may be filled with positive thoughts today; I deserve the resulting rewards.

From the book Help for Helpers ©

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple


Feelings are everywhere--gentle. --J. Masai

Throughout the day we experience many feelings. Losing something makes us angry. Fighting with a friend makes us sad. Perhaps we're lonely because no one is home. Getting an unexpected treat makes us happy. Our feelings come and go just like the hours of our lives.

Letting our feelings be whatever they are is good. They'll go away in time. We may not like all feelings; sadness or anger may be uncomfortable, but being human means we'll have many different feelings each day. If we're quiet with them, they'll help us grow and understand others better, and then they will suddenly be gone, replaced perhaps by a feeling we like more.

Action for the DayI will accept my feelings today whether I like them or not.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums Daily Recovery Readings - http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

****************************
One Day At A Time

The Channel
The persistent use of meditation and prayer, we found, did
open the channel so that where there had been a trickle, there
now was a river which led to sure power and safe guidance from
our Higher Power as we were increasingly better able to understand Them. 
- Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions, p. 109

Thought to Ponder
Prayer asks the question. Meditation listens for the answer.

AA-related 'Alconym'
P A U S E = Pay Attention, Use Step Eleven

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

The wonder is yours
by Ralph Marston

Live in wonder of the wonder. Refuse to let your aliveness grow complacent.

See that in each new moment a whole new world is born. Be dazzled by the beauty, inspired by the possible.

Laugh at the worries as you recall how foolish they are. Smile at the opportunities as you find new joy bringing them to life.

Keep your spirit always young, delighted and amazed at every little thing. Warm your skin in the sunlight, cool your face in the breeze.

Never stop discovering again how much you have and how little you need. Never stop making new richness from it all.

The wonder is yours, now, here, always. Live it, love it, share it, be it.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment