Friday, November 4, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 11-4-2016

Friday, November 4, 2016
Today's Gift

Beginnings are apt to be shadowy. —Rachel Carson

When we embark on a new career, open an unfamiliar door, begin a loving relationship, we can seldom see nor can we even anticipate where the experience may take us. At best we can see only what this day brings. We can trust with certainty that we will be safely led through the "shadows."

To make gains in this life we must venture forth to new places, contact new people, chance new experiences. Even though we may be fearful of the new, we must go forward. It's comforting to remember that we never take any step alone. It is our destiny to experience many new beginnings. And a dimension of the growth process is to develop trust that each of these experiences will in time comfort us and offer us the knowledge our inner self awaits. Without the new beginnings we are unable to fulfill the purpose for which we've been created.

No new beginning is more than we can handle. Every new beginning is needed by our developing selves, and we are ready for whatever comes.

I will look to my new beginnings gladly. They are special to the growth I am now ready for.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey ©

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Each day comes bearing its gifts. Untie the ribbons. --Ruth Ann Schabacker

How full life can be! We can untie the ribbons on this gift by keeping our spirits open.
Open to life. Open to how much our Higher Power love us.

Who knows what the gifts the day may bring? Maybe it brings a solution to a problem.
Maybe it brings the smile of a child. Maybe we’ll find a new friend. Whatever gifts the day brings, we must be able to receive them. How do we do this? We keep our spirit open and lively through prayer and meditation. Then we’ll be awake to see the beauty and the wonders life holds for us.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, remind me to pray to You often. Remind me to stop and listen to You. Remind me that You love me very much.

Action for the Day: At the end of the day, I’ll take time to list the gifts I’ve been given today. This will be first on my list: I am sober.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

On Target
In my case at least, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
It took me a long time to discover this and I suffered somewhat;
but again it had the desired effect.
When the truth finally became apparent to me, I was ready to accept it.
Now that I know what I am, I am attempting to be what I am, instead of what I think I should be.
Essentially this has meant a lowering of my sights.
Instead of sighting on the moon and bemoaning every shot wide of the mark,
I now have my sights lowered to where I can sometimes score a hit on an earthly target.
- The AA Grapevine, February 1955

Thought to Ponder . . .
Today I shoot for the moon so if I miss I'm still among the stars.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = A
lways Alive

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

The good you do today
by Ralph Marston

Before you respond to anything that happens, consider this. Does your response diminish life, or does it enhance, support and encourage all of life to move forward?

Instead of worrying, take positive action. Instead of complaining, take positive action.

You won’t make progress by scolding others about their poor choices. You’ll be much more effective when you demonstrate by example how to put better choices into action.

Get clear about what matters to you, about all you love and value. Then act affirmatively to support it all.

Every moment is an opportunity to live with meaningful, positive intention. In every situation you can deepen your commitment to your highest values by putting those values in to action.

Increase hope for the future by the way you live in the present. And position yourself to look forward to tomorrow because of the good you do today.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment