Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 7-11-2016

Monday, July 11, 2016
Today's Gift


Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so. --Emile Corie

How we think about the activities before us is very important. If we think cleaning the garage is hard, dirty, and no chance for fun, that's just how it will feel. We'll be tired before we even begin. However, if we approach it like a treasure hunt, expecting to rediscover some long-forgotten treasures, we'll enjoy the task. In fact, it will feel like a game.

The thoughts we carry in our minds determine whether our tasks are fun or not. What good fortune it is that we can control those thoughts. If we approach an assignment for school or a job believing that we're able to do it, that it's not too hard for us, we'll finish with ease. Our thoughts determine our successes. In this way, our lives are in our own hands.

How much better can I make my life today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©



From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day


********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple


Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.---Irene Peter

Our life changed a lot when we stopped drinking and using other drugs. But this is only a start. We need to go further.

Our old attitudes can kill us, even if we aren't drinking or drugging any more. This is called a "dry drunk." If we're on a dry drunk, we've changed the way we act without changing the way we think.

Our program shows us how to change the way we think. And we change how we treat ourselves and others. We learn to live a new life based on love and care.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me guard against my old attitudes. Help me keep changing.

Action for the Day: I'll list four ways I've changed because I'm sober. I'll list four ways I haven't changed yet.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums
****************************
One Day At A Time

Expectations
I was suffering inner pain because my performance and my accomplishments in life
failed to live up to my own expectations of myself.
I had to anesthetize that pain with drugs and alcohol. Of course, the more I drank and drugged, the more unrealistic my expectations became and the poorer my performance, and the gap widened.
So the need to drink and drug grew still greater.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 556

Thought to Ponder . . .
My disappointments are equal to my expectations.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F E A R =
False Expectations Appearing Real


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Doing great
by Ralph Marston

You’re making progress. Now you can make more.

You’ve done some things right and some things wrong. Now you can learn from them all, and apply that experience to move forward.

You know how good it feels to stay focused on a goal, and to make a difference. Today you can earn yourself some more of that good feeling.

With your efforts, you’ve survived every challenge, and those efforts have made you strong. Now you can become even stronger.

Though you have felt fear, you have not let that fear stop you. You’ve shown yourself how much courage you have, and now you can put that courage to new use.

Through the ups and downs, setbacks and victories, pains and joys, you’ve succeeded in making your way here. You’re doing great, so keep going.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment