Thursday, July 28, 2011

Daily Motivation 7-28-11

Thursday, July 28, 2011
Today's Gift

The beauty of loving someone is the feeling of "wholeness" that I experience. The need for that individual in my life, the "I'm part of you and you're part of me" feeling that connects two people and makes them necessary to each other. —Kathleen Andrus

All that is asked of us by our Creator is that we love one another. Where love doesn't flow easily, perhaps we can just decide to not hurt someone. If we each avoided hurting all people, for just one day, lives would be transformed. We'd each see the world with a fresh perspective.

The more we love others, any others, the deeper our love will grow for all others. Loving lifts our hearts and lightens our burdens. Every day's tribulations can become triumphs when we carry love in our hearts. Love fills us up, and the more we share it, the fuller we become.

We are connected--each of us to one another, all of us together. Our contributions to the whole are necessary. Its completion is made perfect by our presence.

As I pass a friend today, I will be grateful for their contribution to my wholeness, too.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©



*******************************

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
 
Keep It Simple

Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.---Laurence Couglin
"Do I talk to much?" Most of us wonder this sometimes. There are some ways to find out.
Asked yourself these questions: "How much do I know about people in my life?"
"What do they think and feel?" "Do I listen to them?" "Do I often feel that I say too much?"
 
Then ask a few trusted friends these questions: "Do you think I talk to much?" "How well do you think I listen to you?"

Silence helps us listen---to ourselves, to others, and to our Higher Power.
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me enjoy the silent moments in my day.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll think before I speak. what do I really want to say.
 
***********************

One Day At A Time
 
Past Regrets
We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. . . .
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 83

Thought to Ponder . . .
Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
O D A A T =
One Day At A Time.

********************
Daily Motivation


Show life how good it can be

Show life today how good it can be. With your attitude and your actions, prove to the world that life is very much worth living.

Do you long to experience real, substantive hope for the future? Then be the living embodiment of that hope with the way you conduct your life.

Is it naive, or even cruel or insensitive to expect the best when things are at their worst? No, because it is precisely from those sincere, positive expectations that life-changing improvements come.

Even the smallest light can break through the darkest darkness. And that will enable other lights to shine.

When there’s no good reason to be positive, be positive anyway. Yes, you can do it, and it will truly make a profound difference.

Remind life of how good it can be. And make more and more of that goodness in your world.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment