Monday, February 7, 2011

Daily Motivation 2-7-11

Monday, February 7, 2011
Today's Gift

It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. —Leo Rosten

When we think of strength, do we think of someone who shows no emotion and intimidates others with physical power? True strength is the freedom to show all kinds of feelings. Strong people aren't afraid of being vulnerable. A person who feels insecure may not feel free to show any kind of softness or be able to share gentle feelings. If we have true inner strength, we are not afraid to show what is a part of us, gentle feelings included.

It is wonderful to see a well-conditioned athlete cry tears of joy after a victory. In such an example we can see physical and emotional strength. In our lives together, we will be stronger if we do not try to hide our feelings out of fear. As our feelings flow, we will increase our self-understanding and build our true strength.

Am I strong enough to show how I really feel today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©

 
***************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
I thank God for my handicaps, for through them, I have found myself, my work and my God.---Helen Keller.

None of us ever wanted to be addicts. It's not what we would choose to be--- just as no one would choose to blind and deaf. Helen Keller, who was blind and deaf, told of how her problems became her biggest gift. Through them, she found true meaning in her life. We can accept our handicap---our addiction--- and learn from it. The truth is, we're all handicapped in some way. Recovery is about facing our addiction and learning to live with it. When we see we can't do things alone, we see the need for a Higher Power.
 
Prayer for the Day:  Higher Power, help me see myself as I really am. Give me the serenity that comes from accepting my handicaps.


Action for the Day:  Today, I'll list all the ways I am handicapped. I'll ask myself, "What gift does each of these hold for me?"

 



***********************

One Day At A Time
 
The Journey
Words cannot begin to describe the feelings in my heart
as I sometimes ponder how much my life has changed, how far I've come,
and how much there is to discover.
And though I'm not sure where my journey may take me next,
I know I'll owe it to the grace of my Higher Power, and to three words of the Twelve Steps:
continue, improve, and practice.
Oh, and one more thing they told me: Humility is the key.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 511

Thought to Ponder . . .
The journey is the destination.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Adventurers Anonymous.
 



******************** 
Daily Motivation
 
The truth is
 
The truth is, you can do whatever you choose to do. The truth is, when you make it a priority you will make it happen.

The limiting beliefs that hold you back are not based in truth. They are merely stories you tell yourself that have grown so familiar you don't even think to question them.
 
Yet the truth is, you can find your way beyond any challenge. The truth is, the only limits that permanently hold you back are the limits you place on yourself.
 
You can choose to transform your limiting beliefs into empowering affirmations. You can choose right now to jump fully into creating the life of your dreams.
 
Sure, you have plenty of great excuses for not living life at its very highest level, but keep this in mind. The very fact that they're excuses means they're not really true.
 
The truth is, you are unique, creative, powerful, passionate and worthy of the very best you can imagine. Choose right now to live your beautiful truth.
 
-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment