Monday, March 7, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 3-7-2016

Monday, March 7, 2016
Today's Gift

I can change only myself, but sometimes that is enough. --Ruth Humlecker

Happiness is more fleeting for some of us than for others. We may ponder this notion but fail to grasp the reason. However, careful attention to how "the happy ones" go through life will enlighten us. We will note how seldom they complain about others' actions. We will discover their willingness to accept others as they are. We will see that their attention is generally on the positive aspects of people and circumstances rather than on the negative.

We can join the parade of "happy ones" by letting go of our need to change people and situations that disturb us. Even when we are certain other people are wrong, we can let go of controlling them. Doing this means changing ourselves, of course. But this is the one thing in life we do have control over.

I will change myself if I think something needs changing today!

From the book A Woman's Spirit by Karen Casey. ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day


********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

To make the world a friendly place One must show it a friendly face.---James Whitcomb Riley

We are beginning to learn that we get what we expect. Why? If we believe that people are out to get us, we'll not treat them well. We will think it's okay to "get them" before they "get us." Then, they'll be angry and want to get even. And on it goes. It's great when we can meet the world with a balance. We are honest people. We can expect others to be fair with us. We get the faith, strength, and courage to do this because of our trust in our Higher Power.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, I put my life in Your care. Use me to spread Your love to others.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll spread friendliness. I will greet people with a smile.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Letting Go
For a long time, I had the idea that I must succeed, I must be right, I must be important.
If I let go, I thought, then I wouldn't be anybody. Well, who was I, anyway? Just a willful person.
Now I'm beginning to see that letting go doesn't mean giving up. It means opening myself to new vistas.
There have been moments of what I would call ecstasy. I'm thrilled and I'm scared at the same time.
- Came To Believe . . ., p. 41

Thought to Ponder . . .
When I struggle, I sink. When I let go, I float.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
L E T G O = Leave Everything To God, Okay?

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)  http://www.aa-alive.net/index.html

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Unstoppable determination
by Ralph Marston

When things go wrong you can doubt yourself, resent the whole world, seek pity and shrink from life. Or you can grow stronger, focus your intentions like a red-hot laser on the purpose you’ve chosen, and make great things happen.

Life will kick you when you’re down, but you don’t have to add your own negative energy to that abuse. Take all the anger, the resentment, the doubt, and transform it into determination and sharply-defined purpose.

If something is causing a problem, fix it or get away from it. Stop blaming and excusing, start building and achieving.

You’re worthy and capable and deserve some solid victories. It’s your job to make them happen in a way that’s uniquely yours.

Be clear and precise about what you intend to do, and make the commitment to never waver. Raise your perspective and your performance to a new, higher level where the petty little distractions and annoyances simply do not get to you.

When things go wrong that’s your opportunity to put new, powerful energy into making life better than ever before. Seize that opportunity, let it flood every part of you with unstoppable determination, and go for it.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment