Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Daily Motivations 7-27-11

Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Today's Gift
 
There are as many ways to live and grow, as there are people. Our own ways are the only ways that should matter to us. --Evelyn Mandel
 
Wanting to control other people, to make them live as we'd have them live, makes the attainment of serenity impossible. And serenity is the goal we are seeking in this recovery program, in this life.
 
We are each powerless over others, which relieves us of a great burden. Controlling our own behavior is a big enough job. Learning to behave responsibly takes practice. Most of us in this recovery program have behaved irresponsibly for much of our lives. Emotional immaturity is slow to depart, but every responsible action we take gives us the courage for another - and then another. Our own fulfillment is the by-product of the accumulation of our own responsible actions. Others' actions need not concern us.
 
Today, I will weigh my behavior carefully. Responsible behavior builds gladness of heart.
 
From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©
 
 

*****************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day
 
Keep It Simple

The best leaders are those who know how to follow.---Anonymous
Am I a leader or a follower? The fact is, I am responsible for where I end up. If I choose to be a follower, I'd better follow leaders who know where they are going. And I had better know where they're going.
If I choose to be leader, I'd better know that I'm responsible for getting myself on the right path. I also must be honest with my followers, so they can make good choices. I'm not responsible for my followers choices, but I must give them the truth. Being a leader doesn't always mean that I know where I'll end up. But it can mean that I know I'm on the right path, following the lead from my Higher Power---one step at a time.
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, give me the faith and courage to choose good leaders to follow. When it is Your will, help me be a good leader.

 
Action for the Day: Today, I'll list my leaders. They might be a Higher Power, a sponsor, or a friend. I'll think of why I choose to follow these leaders.
 

***********************
One Day At A Time
 
Belief
"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 25

Thought to Ponder . . .
I saw, I felt, I believed.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Acceptance, Belief, Change.

 


************************
Daily Motivation

A position of strength

Let your feelings be your choice. There’s no need for the twists and turns of circumstance to hold your feelings hostage.

In each moment, let your outlook be determined by your highest expectations. Observe the world from a positive perspective, and you’ll see the most valuable possibilities.

You never have to be dismayed in an attempt to be realistic. Though reality is what it is, you always have the choice of what to make of it.

It is easy to think you need to feel sorry for yourself. It is far better, though, to avoid the waste of time and energy that your self-pity would produce.

Your feelings are powerful, and they are yours to choose. Whatever may happen, you always have the option of dealing with it from a position of strength.

In every challenge there is great potential value. Choose to feel powerful and positive, and that value is yours to create.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment