Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 7-25-2017

Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Today's Gift

No matter what faces us - an unhappy relationship, a serious operation or illness, a feeling of uselessness or helplessness - it is vital to realize that there is a solution. -Liane Cordes

We must not expect that the solution to our problem will bring us immediate peace of mind. Focusing our energies and emotions on the answer, not the problem, will, however, alleviate much of the futility and frustration we feel.

A medical doctor, George S. Stevenson, wrote, "The solution may not give you everything you want. Sometimes, it may give you nothing but a chance to start all over again. But whatever little it gives you is much more than you give yourself by letting your emotions tear you apart."

Today I will focus my energies and emotions on the solution, not the problem. I will allow the solution to flow through me, with the help of my Higher Power, knowing there is a satisfactory answer to my difficulty.

From the book The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes. ©

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

If the spirit within us withers (dies), so to will all the world we build around us.---Theodore Roszab

This is what happened during our illness---our spirits were dying. Our relationships were dying. this is because addiction is death.

And recovery is life! The Steps breathe like into us. Our groups breathe life into us. We start to heal because we once again feel hope. We're less afraid of what tomorrow may bring. As our hope grows, others feel it too.

We're starting to slowly rebuild our world. We're building our world on the Twelve Steps and their message of hope.

Prayer for the Day: I give myself to life. Higher Power, work with me as I rebuild my world.

Action for the Day: I'll talk with a friend about hope. I'll see my hope as a sign of how close I am to my program.


From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Step Seven
When ready, we say something like this:
"My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad.
I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which
stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows.
Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen."
We have then completed Step Seven.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 76

Thought to Ponder

The gritty pain of our dysfunctions is the traction of life.

AA-related 'Alconym'
A S A P = A
lways Say A Prayer


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Each and every step
by Ralph Marston

Pay no attention to how difficult it has been, or will be. Focus only on what you can do right now.

Put the whole of your attention and energy into what you can do now, into what you are doing now. Give your best to it, learn from it, pull more and more excellence out of it.

In the small moments, big achievements are built. Success is a matter of fully utilizing enough small moments.

It’s great to have big ambitions and high expectations, and to let them drive you forward. For today though, focus intently on what you can do today, and on getting it done to the best of your ability.

The task at hand may seem minor. Yet this is the task that matters the most now, because this is the task you are doing.

Give all your respect and focus to each and every step along the way. By so doing, you’ll reach the most spectacular destination you can imagine.


From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment