Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 11-30-2016

Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Today's Gift

If the best person's faults were written on their forehead, it would make them pull their hat over their eyes. --Gaelic proverb

When we deal with our faults and imperfections, we are dealing with the basic issues of being a person. We can become bitter and cynical about the imperfections of others, or we can realize every person is incomplete but growing, just as we are. The way we look at the faults in others and the way we look at our own are closely tied together. In our spiritual journey, we must begin with the premise that no person ever achieves perfection.

Perfection apparently is not what this life is about at all, since perfection is nonexistent. We are lovable, and we can love in the process of living our lives. Since we are not perfect, we have to be accountable. We must have standards for our behavior and hold ourselves to those standards, admitting our mistakes and making repairs where we can.

I will try to acknowledge my mistakes and give up the idea of ever becoming perfect.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men ©

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

A person cannot be comfortable without their own approval. —Mark Twain

It is hard for many of us to learn to admit the wrongs we do. We have followed lifestyles that led us away from recognizing our true feelings. Remnants of this blindness continue into our recovery. In this quiet time we can deepen and nourish a relationship with ourselves. Facing our disapproval and admitting it lead us to comfort and self-respect. Right now we can ask ourselves, "What messages do 1 receive from myself? What is my Higher Power telling me? Do I sense some gut feeling? Am I true to my relationships with loved ones? Have I been open to the feelings of my spouse. Of my friends? Of my boss? Do I owe anyone an apology which I can promptly make?"

Some of us indulge in worry, fear, and anger beyond a useful or meaningful point. What can we do about these excesses of feeling? First, we admit them to ourselves and to others. Then, we trust our Higher Power for the outcome, and they will fall away.

Action for the Day: Today, I will nourish a relationship with myself by facing my own disapproval and growing toward greater comfort.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums


****************************
One Day At A Time

Ask for Help
Finally beaten, I asked for my Higher Power’s help. Their presence told me to believe.
My paranoia has since been lifted.
I am no longer afraid. I know my life is healthy and sane.
- Daily Reflections, p. 46

Thought to Ponder . . .
Simply asking for help seems to be a help in itself.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H E L P = H
is Ever-Loving Presence

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Keep up the good work
by Ralph Marston

Each kindness you offer makes the world a better place. Every word of encouragement lifts life a little higher.

All the times you choose to do what’s right, and good, and valuable, you create new goodness. By speaking the truth, and living authentically, you make truth itself more powerful and present.

You’re making a difference, making life positive and meaningful. Today is another opportunity to keep up the good work.

Your efforts create value, and that value grows. Your love and generosity inspire new richness, and that richness expands.

You know how good it feels when you leave people, places, situations better off than when you found them. It feels so good because it is so good, and you’ll have many more chances to do it again.

You are at your best when you’re enabling love, hope, goodness and joy. And every day is a day to be your best.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment