Monday, November 28, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 11-28-2016

Monday, November 28, 2016
Today's Gift

for most this amazing day . . .
. . . for everything
which is natural which is infinite
which is yes. —e. e. cummings

Let us be thankful today for all simple obvious things: for the sun's rising this morning without our having to awaken it; for another good turn the earth makes today without expecting anything in return; for our ability to know right and wrong by heart. Let us give thanks for all small things that mean the world to us; for bread and cheese and clean running water; for our ability to call our enemies our friends, to forgive even ourselves; for our own bodies, however sagging and worn, which insist on continuing for at least another day.

How much ordinary daily good do I take for granted?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

The purpose of freedom is to create it for others.---Bernard Malamud

Sobriety is freedom. With this freedom, we have a responsibility to help other addicts who still suffer. The program tells us this in Step Twelve. We do this by telling our stories and offering hope.

We must be ready to care, to give ourselves. This is what spirituality is about. When we help others, we prepare the road for those who enter the program after us.

Tradition Five of the Twelve Traditions says, “Each group has but one primary purpose---to carry its message to the alcoholic who still suffers.” It means we get better by helping others.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me create more freedom. Bring me to where I’m needed. Help me carry the message well.

Action for the Day: Today, I’ll think of ways I can help the addict who still suffers. Then I’ll chose one way I can be of help. I’ll talk with my sponsor about it, and I’ll follow through with my plan.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Becoming
I must look inside myself, to free myself.
I must call upon my Higher Power’s power to face the person I’ve feared the most, the true me, the person They created me to be.
Unless I can or until I do, I will always be running, and never be truly free.
- Daily Reflections, p. 107

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life will take on new meaning.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H J F = H
appy, Joyous, Free

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Actual priorities
by Ralph Marston

Your priorities are not what you say they are, or what you merely think they should be. Your priorities are what you actually do.

There are only so many hours in each day. Your priorities are demonstrated by the way you invest that time.

Are your actual priorities in line with your imagined or desired priorities? If not, you have the power, the opportunity, and a compelling reason to make a change.

Be relentlessly honest with yourself and ask yourself this question. Are you spending the moments of this day, of every day, supporting and expanding what’s most important to you?

Fulfillment is more than just giving lip service to what you care about. You have the chance, with each decision, with each moment, to create meaningful, lasting substance.

This is your life, and this is your day to focus strengths, skills and resources on all you love. Make it your actual, living priority to do so.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment