Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 6-28-2016

Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Today's Gift

Hatred is never anything but fear - if you feared no one, you would hate no one. --Hugh Downs

On those occasions when we find the bigger person within, we are more generous in spirit toward others. But sometimes we think too much about what is wrong with others and how they ought to change. That is a form of hate. If we are searching for what we have power to change in our families, in our friendships, in the world, we can learn to be big enough to set aside our fears.

Do we bear ill will toward someone today? When we are honest with ourselves, do we feel a sense of fear in relation to this person? What are we really afraid of? Perhaps the same person fears us. When we can do something about our fear, the hatred melts with no further effort. Then we are in touch with the bigger person within.

I have the inner strength to face my fears today. I will not send them outward as hatred.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

The closest to perfection a person ever comes is when he fills out a job application form. --Stanley J. Randall

Trying to be perfect get us into trouble. Trying to be perfect means we're trying to control things.
We may be trying to cover up something. Maybe we aren't facing our pain. Maybe we've hurt
someone and we need to make amends.
We need to practice being human. Humans aren't perfect. In Steps Six and Seven, we face our human limits and our shortcomings. We then start the lifelong job of letting them go. To accept our human limits leads us to our Higher Power. We see how we need a guide in life. Our Higher Power makes a perfect guide.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me accept that I can't be perfect. Help me be a good human being.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll list my shortcoming. I'll talk with a friend about them. I'll ask my friend to tell me what my good qualities are.


From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

The Journey
My circumstances have steadily improved as my spiritual life grows and matures.
Words cannot begin to describe the feelings in my heart as I sometimes ponder how far I’ve come, and how much there is yet to discover.
And though I’m not sure where my journey may take me next,
I know I’ll owe it to the grace of my Higher Power and to three words of the Twelve Steps:
continue, improve, and practice.
Oh, and one more thing they told me: Humility is the key.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 511

Thought to Ponder . . .
Sobriety is a journey, not a destination.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S T E P S =
Solutions Through Each Powerful Step

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Beauty
by Ralph Marston

See others not for their labels, but for their beauty. Pay attention not to the noisy false urgencies, but to the profound beauty surrounding you.

Live this day feasting your awareness on beauty in all its forms. Let your heart be filled with thanks for the many joys, simple and accessible, you can experience.

You don’t really have to know the latest news flash, for it is no different than the last one. Invest your life in living the beauty, and in making more.

Imagine that you could never again watch a cloud drift through the sky. Then go out and watch one, live and in person, brimming with gratitude for the chance to be.

You don’t need to control, acquire, or prove you’re right. Beauty calls, joy beckons, and you answer.

As real and serious as troubles may be, they are nothing compared to beauty. Live the beauty, share the beauty, and help to push the troubles away.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment