Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 6-2-2016

Thursday, June 2, 2016
Today's Gift

I have come to realize that all my trouble with living has come from fear and smallness within me. —Angela L. Wozniak

We create problems for ourselves because we think we need to be more than we are. We fear that we are inadequate to the task before us, fear that another woman is more attractive, fear that the friends around us are bored by our presence.

Fear hinders us; it prevents full involvement with the experiences we are given to grow on. When we withdraw from a situation in order to save ourselves from failure, we have chosen instead another kind of failure: failure to take all we can from life; failure to be all that we can be. Every experience can move us forward in the understanding of ourselves. When we withdraw, we stay stuck in a world we need to leave behind.

I will not fear whatever looks like trouble today. Nothing I can't handle, in fact, nothing I can't grow from will come my way today. My inner strength can see me through.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Thoughts, rest your wings. Here is a hollow of silence, a nest of stillness, in which to hatch your dreams. --Joan Walsh Anglund

There is silence in the nest before an egg is hatched. The mother robin must sit quietly and warm them enough to be hatched. During this time, the mother concentrates only on her eggs. She does not let herself be distracted.

There is a time of silence before anything creative is born. And there is silence in the mind before an idea is discovered. A nest is a safe place birds can always return to and be at home. We all need such a nest of silence--a place where we can be quiet and safe, where we can let ourselves be held, and rest.

Often, our best ideas come out of these quiet moments. Times of silence are good for our souls. Just like the robin eggs hatching, so will dreams and solutions grow out of our own nest of stillness.

Action for the Day: Today I will use my quiet time wisely.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums
****************************
One Day At A Time

The Spiritual Aspect
I had mocked the spiritual aspect of our program on many previous occasions,
claiming that this Higher Power business was for the weak and hypocrites.
But this time it was different. After my last relapse,
I knew that it would be death or insanity if I kept on drinking and drugging. This time, I prayed.
I somehow felt that if there was a Power greater than myself who could relieve me from this suffering, then I had better try to find Them.
- Came to Believe . . ., p. 34

Thought to Ponder . . .
I would rather live my life as if there is a a Higher Power and die to find out there isn't,
than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H =
Found Always In Trusting Her/Him.

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Limitations fall away
by Ralph Marston

Today you will do as much as you think you can do. What if you thought you could do more?

Right now you are doing what you are inspired by this moment to do. What if you were inspired to do more?

Your thoughts and feelings on their own cannot even lift a feather. Yet they can push you powerfully forward or stop you in your tracks.

Every good and valuable thing you’ve ever done started as a thought. Imagine what your thoughts can start right now.

Feel the power of your purpose, upon which sits every desire. Think of the possibilities for expressing that purpose today, in your world, in new, unique and beautiful ways.

Think your most inspired thoughts, and feel your most treasured feelings. Then watch as the limitations quickly fall away.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment