Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 4-21-2016

Thursday, April 21, 2016
Today's Gift

In grief, healing helps us make peace with the meaning of death, which cannot be understood except as an unknown part of life. —Alla Bozarth-Campbell

It is a sad occasion when we must say goodbye to a loved one or pet who has died. But grief is the only way we can come to understand our losses, and sharing grief helps us experience it more fully.

Perhaps we wish to grieve for something else we've lost, like fading youth, a job, a possession, or a habit we had come to enjoy. It's natural to feel grief over things like this, too.

We can share stories and good memories with other grievers, and give free reign to our tears. Sometimes it seems the more we talk, the sadder we feel about our losses, but when we share these feelings with others, we turn our losses into gain. We heal ourselves, pay tribute to those we grieve for, and share an intimate sense of loss with someone else.

Do I have grief to share?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

One meets their destiny often on the road one takes to avoid it.---French proverb

None of us, perhaps, ever thought we'd end up in recovery. But we were working at joining recovery years before we got here! Maybe recovery was our fate from the day we first took a drink or a pill. Others around us could see the writing on the wall, but we couldn't. We were to busy trying to avoid the pain. Alcoholism and other drug abuse have to do with us trying to find spiritual wholeness--- the kind of spiritual wholeness we're finding now. . .in recovery. So, let's welcome recovery into our lives. We have found our spiritual home.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, I got lost because I acted like I knew the way to a good life. You lead the way. Thank-you for putting me on the right track.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll think about why it's my fate to be in recovery. I will list ways that I try to avoid my fate.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

'Pass It On'
". . . I'll never forget the first time I met Bill Wilson. I was a couple of months sober and so excited, so thrilled to meet the co-founder that I gushed all over him with what my sobriety meant to me and my undying gratitude for his starting AA.
When I ran down, he took my hand in his and said simply, 'Pass it on.'"
- 'Pass It On,' The story of Bill Wilson and how the AA message reached the world, Preface

Thought to Ponder . . .
I keep my sobriety by giving it away.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
T L C = Tears, Laughter, Caring.

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

The attitude you choose
by Ralph Marston

Your attitude is too powerful to be left to chance. Make it a choice, not a reaction.

You’re perfectly able to be positive when there is no apparent reason to be positive. And in fact, that’s when your positive attitude will empower you to achieve the most.

You can be hopeful, energetic, enthusiastic, even when outside factors do not warrant such. With the power of that positive perspective you can change those outside factors for the better.

You can utilize any and every circumstance as raw material for moving forward. It all comes from the attitude you choose.

Whatever challenge you face at the moment can be an excuse to give up, or an opportunity to excel. What you make of it depends entirely on what you choose.

Your choice of attitude colors all your other choices and thereby impacts every part of your life. Make it consistently positive, back it up with focused effort, and choose to live the great life you deserve.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment