Thursday, December 6, 2012

Daily Motivation 12-6-2012

Thursday, December 6, 2012
Today's Gift

Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. —William James

Before Orville and Wilbur Wright ever flew the first airplane at Kitty Hawk, they believed flight was possible. They had a picture of it in their minds. The first step in creating anything is to be able to picture it in our minds. If we can picture it as a possibility, we can work to make it happen.

When we were small, we dreamed a thousand dreams about what could happen in our lives. Anything, even magical things, seemed like they could happen, and our world was full of visions. That part of us that believes wonderful, magical things can happen is still in us. It may have been beaten down for a while, but it is still there waiting to help us seek the wonderful, lovely, and good things in life.

Which of my dreams can I work toward today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

The strongest of all warriors are these two--Time and Patience. --Leo Tolstay

One of the first things we learn about in recovery is time. Before, we may have tried to control time by Pushing it along. We tried to hurry everything and everybody. We wanted our "quick fix." But the
program tells us to slow down. Easy Does It.

We probably couldn't picture ourselves staying sober for the rest of our life. So we were told to just work at staying sober today. We learned to work our program One Day at a Time. We were thought that time can be our friend. Times is our Higher Power's way of not having everything happen at once.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, you are my teacher. You are in charge of the lesson. Help me accept this. Teach me how to use my time wisely.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll list five ways I use my time in ways that aren't helpful to me. I'll work at making time my friend.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Let Go
I'm beginning to see that letting go doesn't mean giving up.
It means opening myself to new vistas.
There have been moments of what I would call ecstasy.
I'm thrilled and I'm scared at the same time.
- Came To Believe, p. 41

Thought to Ponder . . .
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
N O W =
No Other Way.

***********************
Daily Motivation

The effective you

Within you there is a highly successful and effective person. In all you think, say and do, let that person come out.

When making each choice, ask yourself a question. What would the successful, effective you do?

Every decision is an opportunity to make an impact on your life and your world. Every decision is your chance to make a positive, empowering, effective choice that will steadily move you forward.

Instead of compiling a list of regrets, you can be creating a treasure trove of achievements. And it all starts with reminding yourself, again and again, to follow the most effective and successful path.

At some level you absolutely know where you want to go and what you must do to get there. Get yourself connected with that purpose, and keep yourself positively motivated.

Think, in every moment and in every turn of events, what the successful, effective you would do. Then, simply make the choice to do it.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment