Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Daily Motivation 11-13-2012

Tuesday, Novemeber 13, 2012
Today's Gift

My Declaration of Self-Esteem:
I am me. In all the world there is no one else exactly like me. There are persons who have some parts like me, but no one adds up exactly like me. Therefore, everything that comes out of me is authentically mine because I alone chose it. —Virginia Satir

Feeling special, feeling worthy and unique in the contribution we make to our surroundings is perhaps not a very familiar feeling to many of us. We may have recognized our differences from others, but not in a positive way. We may well have figured that to be our problem. "If only I were more like her . . ." To celebrate our specialness, the unique contribution we make to every situation we experience, is one of the gifts of life.

It's spiritually moving to realize the truth of our authenticity. To realize that no other choice will ever be just like our choice - to realize that no other contribution will be just like our contribution. Our gift to life is ourselves. Life's gift to us is the opportunity to realize our value.

Today, I will be aware of my gifts, I will offer them and receive them thankfully.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple
 
The measure of a person's real character is what they would do if they knew they could never be found out.—Thomas Macaulay

Remember the tale about the poor, tired shoemaker who cut out his last bit of leather and awoke to find a beautiful pair of shoes sewn for him? Night after night two little elves secretly worked from midnight to dawn sewing shoes to help the old craftsman. Helping the shoemaker without his knowing who they were made the elves very happy, and they danced and sang as they worked away. These elves knew their reward was in the doing of the good deed, not in the discovery of them doing it.

Action for the Day: What secret gift of kindness can I give today?
 
***********************
One Day At A Time
Passing It On
Carrying the message is a gift to myself,
no matter how many years of sobriety I may have accumulated.
My dreams can become reality.
I solidify my sobriety be sharing what I have received freely.
- Daily Reflections, p. 362

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life will take on new meaning.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
P U T =
Patience, Understanding, Tolerance.
 
***********************
Daily Motivation

Your good life

Live the good life you have, as it comes. Don’t be overly concerned about losing it, or obsessed with making it into something it’s not.

Enjoy the goodness of your existence in a universe filled with abundance. Feel the sacred uniqueness of each moment and find joy in fulfilling the best possibilities.

It is good to plan and to remember. Yet you are alive in this moment to live the special beauty of this moment.

Your good life is not in some fondly remembered past or some hoped for future. It is here and now.

Appreciate the good life you now have. It is truly beautiful, and the miracle of you is that you can experience that beauty.

Your good life is here today, flowing gently through your experience. Now is your moment to live it all.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment