Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Daily Motivation 10-3-2012

Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Today's Gift

"To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing." ~Eva Young

Say when it's time to begin.

I have a friend who is always planning to start a writing project "as soon as she gets organized." She has read nearly every book, attended every seminar, and bought all the tapes on the subject. She has closets full of organizers, drawers stuffed with folders, and several related computer programs. There's only one problem. Instead of starting, she hides behind a mask of "firsts." "I'll start writing, but first I've got to learn this program." "I'll listen to that tape, but first I've got to read this book."

Are you hiding behind a mask of firsts? Is there always something that keeps you from beginning? Take off the mask. Start the project. Ask that special person for a date. Do that Fourth and Fifth Step. Stop making excuses. Eliminate them.

Learn to say when it's time to begin.

Higher Power, please help me eliminate excuses from my life. Show me how full my life can be when I pursue my dreams.

From the book More Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

That which is called firmness I a king is called stubbornness in a
donkey. ---Lord Erskine

“Rigid” is a fancy word for “stubborn.” We act this way because
of our fear. When we’re afraid, we hang on to what we’re used to
doing. Our dysfunction had us so scared, we were afraid of the new ideas
and new people. The only thing that didn’t scare us was using alcohol
or other drugs.

We also were stubborn when anyone tried to help us. We thought we
knew what was best. How silly our stubborn actions made us look!
How lonely they kept us.

But our stubborn behavior can teach us about our fears. We need to
be aware our stubbornness. Then we’ll be able to find out what we’re
afraid of---and do something about it.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me know when I’m stubborn.

Action for the Day: Today, I’ll work at accepting my stubbornness.
I will use it to learn what I am afraid of today.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Doubt
Courtesy, kindness, justice, and love are the keynotes
by which we may come into harmony with practically anybody.
When in doubt, we can always pause, saying,
"Not my will, but Thine, be done."
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 93

Thought to Ponder . . .
As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful,
and ask for the right thought or action.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
I S M =
I Sabotage Myself.
 
*********************
Daily Motivation

Go ahead right now

Go ahead and live this day with everything you have. Go ahead and experience your life in the richest, most fulfilling ways possible.

Though you do not know what the future will bring, you can choose right now what you will bring to the future. Choose to bring strength, confidence, love, and a passion for living life at its best.

Go ahead and live as though all of life depends on you. Go ahead and give your best to this and every moment.

Let go of the doubts, step boldly beyond your fears, and do what you know is right. Instead of waiting for things to get better, move confidently ahead from where you are with what you have.

Don’t waste your energy worrying about what might or might not happen. Go ahead and do everything you can to bring about the best results.

Go ahead and immerse yourself fully in the richness that is life. This is your grand opportunity to live, so go ahead right now and truly make it great.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment