Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Daily Motivation 9-4-2012

Tuesday, September 28, 2012
Today's Gift

I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction. Other people's lives, problems, and wants set the course for my life. Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify what I wanted, remarkable things began to take place in my life. —Anonymous

We each have a life to live, one that has purpose and meaning. We can help our Higher Power give direction and purpose to our life by setting goals.

We can set goals annually, monthly, or daily in times of crisis. Goals create direction and pace; goals help us achieve a manageable life that is directed in the course we choose for ourselves.

We can help give our lives direction by setting goals.

Today, I will pay attention to setting a course of action for my life, rather than letting others control my life and affairs.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Walk In Dry Places

Good Expectations
 
What do We Deserve?
We hear about people who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some of us do that even in
sobriety, experiencing failure just as success seems imminent.

At times, we may just be suffering from a bad situation that is all around us. But if we do seem to be having one bad break after another, we should look
more carefully within ourselves for causes. We may be punishing
ourselves, or pushing away our good simply because we do not feel worth
of it.

If we discover that this process is working in our lives, we must begin
changing these false patterns immediately. Having forgiven ourselves and
others, and having made amends, we need no punishment. We will work to
succeed in all of our activities, with a reasonable expectation of
success most of the time. We will expect and deserve the
best.

Action for the Day: I'll carry with me today a belief that I deserve to succeed and will
take all necessary action to earn my success.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Destiny
I see that my journey toward my Higher Power has scarce begun.
As I thus get down to my right size and stature,
my self-concern and importance become amusing. . .
Once more I know that my Higher Power is good; that I need fear no evil.
This is a great gift, this knowledge that I do have a destiny.
- The Language of the Heart, p. 259

Thought to Ponder . . .
The journey is the destination.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H =
Fantastic Adventures In Trusting Him/Her.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Life is always now

Every great thing that has ever been achieved has been achieved one moment at a time. There is no other way.

The small, seemingly insignificant moments of each day are the building blocks of greatness and fulfillment. The more respect and sincere presence you give to each moment, the more rich and fulfilling your life will be.

The opportunities in life do not come someday, in some vague and distant future. They are here and they are now.

This hour, on this day, may feel like just a small slice of your life. It is, however, the most important part of your life because it is the part you are now living.

The joy you postpone until later is joy you’ll not ever have the pleasure of experiencing. Work you put off until another time is work that will never get done.

Life is always now, so always live it now. The full extent of life’s richness is now, so make that richness yours.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment