Friday, July 27, 2012

Daily Motivation 7-27-2012

Friday, July 27, 2011
Today's Gift

To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it. —Mother Teresa

Our spiritual nature must be nurtured. Prayer and meditation lovingly kindle the flame that guides us from within. Because we're human, we often let the flame flicker and perhaps go out. And then we sense the dreaded aloneness. Fortunately, some time away, perhaps even a few moments in quiet communion with our Higher Power, rekindles the flame.

For most of us, the flame burned low, or not at all, for many years. The flickering we may feel today, or tomorrow, or felt yesterday, will not last, so we may put away our fears. We can listen to the voice of our higher power in others. We can listen, too, as we carry the message. Prayer surrounds us every moment. We can fuel our inner flame with the messages received from others. We can let our spirit spring forth; let it warm our hearts and the hearts of others.

We each have a friend whose flame may be flickering today. I will help them and thus myself. A steady flame can rekindle one that's flickering.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
If the spirit within us withers (dies), so to will all the world we build around us.---Theodore Roszab
 
This is what happened during our illness---our spirits were dying. Our relationships were dying. this is because addiction is death.

And recovery is life! The Steps breathe like into us. Our groups breathe life into us. We start to heal because we once again feel hope. We're less afraid of what tomorrow may bring. As our hope grows, others feel it too.

We're starting to slowly rebuild our world. We're building our world on the Twelve Steps and their message of hope.

Prayer for the Day: I give myself to life. Higher Power, work with me as I rebuild my world.

Action for the Day: I'll talk with a friend about hope. I'll see my hope as a sign of how close I am to my program.
 
***********************
One Day At A Time
 
Anxiety
As I began to look more closely, I noticed serious flaws:
I was neurotic; I was brimful of character defects.
But these things that, in time and with help, could be dealt with.
No longer did I have to run with nightmarish terror from an inner monster.
I had seen the truth, and the truth had freed me
to do less hiding and more seeking.
The effort to escape from truth is the father of anxiety.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 1], p. 134

Thought to Ponder . . .
Truth is to inner space what sunshine is to a garden.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F E A R =
Frustration, Ego, Anxiety, Rresentment.
 
***********************
Daily Motivation

Your image

The best way to look good is to be good. The best way to look like a professional is to authentically and consistently act in a professional manner.

Your real image is not based on what you seek to tell people or show people it is. Your image in the minds of others is based on how you truly are.

If you’re mainly focused on projecting an image, you’re guaranteeing that your image will be shallow and insincere. Instead, put your energy into living and working with honesty, integrity and creativity.

Let yourself genuinely be yourself, without being obsessed about how others see you. What they will see, and respect, is your authenticity.

Truly be the way you wish to be seen. Instead of cultivating a mere image, build a life filled with rich and compelling substance.

If you want to appear impressive, then be impressive. Truly embrace and fully live your best possibilities, and your image will easily take care of itself.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment