Monday, July 23, 2012

Daily Motivation 7-23-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012
Today's Gift
 
Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Making It Happen

Stop trying so hard to make it happen.

Stop doing so much, if doing so much is wearing you out or not achieving the desired results. Stop thinking so much and so hard about it. Stop worrying so about it. Stop trying to force, to manipulate, to coerce, or to make it happen.

Making things happen is controlling. We can take positive action to help things happen. We can do our part. But many of us do much more than our part. We overstep the boundaries from caring and doing our part into controlling, caretaking, and coercing.

Controlling is self-defeating. It doesn't work. By overextending ourselves to make something happen, we may actually be stopping it from happening.

Do your part in relaxed, peaceful harmony. Then let it go. Just let it go. Force yourself to let it go, if necessary. "Act as if." Put as much energy into letting go as you have into trying to control. You'll get much better results.

It may not happen. It may not happen the way we wanted it to and hoped it would. But our controlling wouldn't have made it happen either.

Learn to let things happen because that's what they'll do anyway. And while we're waiting to see what happens, we'll be happier and so will those around us.

Today, I will stop forcing things to happen. Instead, I will allow things to happen naturally. If I catch myself trying to force events or control people, I will stop and figure out a way to detach.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Walk In Dry Places

The Right Work

The Right Place for my Type
"You cannot change your type, but you can make yourself a brilliant success in that type," Wrote Emmet Fox.

There are many different TYPES of people, and all types are good. We only need to find where our type is required and then do our best in that place. We will have immediate advantages, because all of our energies and talents will then be applied in the right way.

We should never spend a moment envying other types of people who are brilliantly successful in their activities. Our happiness is to be found in our place, not theirs.

Action for the Day: If I'm doing what's right for my type, I'll give it my very best. If I'm in the wrong place, I'll know that my Higher Power is guiding me toward the right outlet for my talents.

***********************
One Day At A Time

A New Understanding
I had been undergoing a spiritual experience without knowing it.
My confused questioning about a Higher Power, my changed mental attitude,
and even my physical recovery had all been part of a spiritual awakening.
Without knowing it, I had been in contact with the source of life,
whatever or whoever it may be.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], p. 193

Thought to Ponder . . .
Spirituality is the essence of being. It can shape reality.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Altered Attitudes.

********************
Daily Motivation

Abundance of opportunity

There is no shortage of opportunity. The more you make use of the opportunities, the more opportunities you make.

Opportunity does not get used up, no matter how many people make use of it. When opportunity is followed and fulfilled, it expands.

Problems create opportunities. And then the solutions to those problems create even more opportunities.

A meaningful, valuable opportunity demands much of you. When you give your effort, time and commitment to the opportunity, it becomes even more valuable and meaningful.

Don’t be envious or resentful when others create great achievements from the opportunities. Those achievements bring increased opportunities with them.

Move forward with the best opportunities. And as you do, you’ll create even better ones.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment