Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Daily Motivation 5-2-2012

Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Today's Gift

No One is on Our Path Accidentally

How often do you really look, with focused intention, at the people you see in the halls at work or in line at the grocery or on the street as you wonder by? Most of us do see other people, but quite unconsciously. We need not be ashamed of how easily we dismiss the presence of others; it's usually not deliberate. We are simply self-absorbed. The good news is that we can cultivate the belief that each person is offering us an opportunity to connect on a spiritual level. Joining with each person in this way, by making intentional eye contact, has an immediate healing effect on us and on them, too.

When we seek to see the Spirit in others in this way, strangers as well as friends, we are taking the first and very necessary step to becoming aware of that Spirit. In many cultures, looking into other people's eyes is the highest honor we can pay them. Becoming committed to doing this, increases our peace of mind while showing others that they matter to us, too. Honoring others in this way may not feel natural at first, but if they have crossed our path, this is what we have been called to do.

From the book Cultivating Hope

 

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.---Eleanor Roosevelt
Most of us want to be happy. We just don't know how. We aren't sure what happiness is. We've learned the hard way that some things we wanted didn't make us happy. We're learning that happiness comes when we live the way our Higher Power wants us to live. That's when we’re honest.
When we do our best work. When we are a true friend. We make happiness; we don't find it. Sometimes we don't even know we're happy. We're too busy with our work, our recovery program, our friends and family. We need to slow down and know that when we do what we need to, happiness comes.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me know that I'm most happy when I listen to You and do Your will. You know better than I do what makes me happy.
 
Action for the Day: What parts of my program am I most happy about? Today I'll think of these and enjoy myself.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Trust
Sharing problems at meetings with others to whom I relate,
...can change aspects of the positions in which I find myself.
Character defects are identified and I begin to see how they work against me.
When I put my faith in the spiritual power,
when I trust others to teach me what I need to do to have a better life,
I find that I can trust myself to do what is necessary.
Daily Reflections, p. 226

Thought to Ponder . . .
Trust my Higher Power. Clean house. Help others.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F I T =
Feel, Intuitive, Trust.
 
*********************
Daily Motivation

Expand the beauty

There is magnificent beauty in life. And what’s even better, is that you can make much, much more.

Delight in the beauty that’s here right now. Let it inspire you to create new forms of beauty and value that have never existed before.

Remind yourself how good it is to be living in a world filled with endless possibilities. Express your sincere gratitude by bringing some of the best possibilities to life.

Open yourself to see the wonder and magnificence in even the smallest things. Feel how good it feels to be in awe of each moment you’re in.

The way beyond life’s negativity is not to fight it but to overwhelm it with joy. Let yourself be a constant conduit of life’s immense joy.

Joyfully put life’s ever-present goodness to good and meaningful use. Spread the joy, expand the beauty, and make life richer than it has ever been.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment