Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Daily Motivation 5-1-2012

Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Today's Gift

Accustomed as we are to change, or unaccustomed, we think of a change of heart, of clothes, of life, with some uncertainty. --Josephine Miles

Being used to a situation, even a painful one, carries with it a level of comfort. Moving away from the pain, changing the situation, be it job, home, or marriage, takes courage and support from other persons. But even more it takes faith that the change will benefit us. For most of us, the pain will need to worsen.

In retrospect, we wonder why it took us so long. We forget, from one instance to the next, that a new door cannot open until we've closed one behind us. The more important fact is that a new one will always open without fail. The pain of the old experience is trying to push us to new challenges, new opportunities, new growth. We can handle the change; we can handle the growth. We are never given more than we can handle, and we are always given just what we need.

Experience can't prepare us for the ramifications of a new change. But our trust in friends, and our faith in the spiritual process of life, can and will see us through whatever comes.

If a change of any kind is facing me today, I will know that I am not alone. Whatever I am facing is right for me and necessary to my well-being. Life is growth. The next stage of my life awaits me.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
Insight is cheap. --Martha Roth
For years we kept ourselves in a split condition: With one part of our minds we looked at ourselves and said, "I do some self-destructive things because I don't believe I deserve love." When we became involved with unsuitable people or abused our bodies, we said, "I am punishing myself--I am expecting too much--I neglect my own needs."
 
We may see clearly how and why we get in our own way. But unless we have faith in a power greater than ourselves, we won't step aside. We won't let go. We'll do the same thing and "understand" ourselves in the same ways. We may even use our "insight" to keep ourselves stuck--to protect ourselves from the risk of change.
 
Now, having had a spiritual awakening, having come to believe that a higher power can restore us, we possess a gift more powerful than the keenest insight--faith in our ability to grow and change. All the creative power of the universe streams through us, if we don't block it.
 
Action for the Day: Today, I will have faith, and all will be well.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Awakening
It was only when I came fully to believe I was powerless over my life at the time,
only when I appealed to a God who just might exist,
that I experienced a spiritual awakening.
This freedom-giving experience came first,
and then faith followed afterward -- a gift indeed.
- As Bill Sees It, p. 152

Thought to Ponder . . .
The solution is simple. The solution is spiritual.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H =
Finding Answers In The Heart.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Unmatched joy

It is in the living that life gains more and more meaning. It is from the challenges, obstacles, disappointments and persistent efforts that life’s achievements gain their value.

If you wish to enjoy success, don’t seek to shortcut the process. If you wish to be kind, compassionate and helpful to others, don’t enable them to shortcut the process.

Living well is not the same as living easy and carefree. Being truly rich does not come from being irresponsible, nor does it enable you to avoid responsibility.

You can have mountains of money and possessions and still be very poor. Life’s real richness is not about what you have, but rather about how much authentic goodness and fulfillment you express.

You may indeed find superficial pleasure in many things. Yet what gives true joy and fulfillment to your spirit is what you have earned with integrity and responsibility.

It gains you nothing to have everything if you have not put your effort and commitment into it. Step up, take full responsibility for creating real value in your world, and experience the unmatched joy of making a difference.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment