Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Daily Motivation 4-3-2012

Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Today's Gift

You are the hero of your life.

Each of us plays the starring role in the drama that is our life. We co-create the script along with our Higher Power. Sometimes we forget our lines, and so we improvise as best we can. We are heroes, each of us, as we move through the events of the day, refining our character and using our gifts to shape the action of every scene.

We can each be a hero in the drama of disfunction. To the casual observer, what we do and say may not appear to be at all heroic. But we - as insiders who are only too well acquainted with our individual limitations - can appreciate and applaud a difficult decision or action.

When we accept our role in life, when we pledge to use our energies to do the best we can, and when we rely on our Higher Power for guidance and support, we will be well on our way toward the life we want for ourself.

I can be a hero today, even if it doesn't show.

From the book Inner Harvest by Elisabeth L.

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
Rest is the guardian of health.---Melba Colgrave
Now that we are sober, we're feeling better than we have in years. We're busy too. We attend meetings and visit friends. We have work, school, families, and homes to keep up with.
 
It's easy to forget to rest. We forgot that our bodies and minds need time off. We need plenty of sleep each night. And we need a lazy weekend now and than to let our bodies recover from to go,
go, go of daily life.
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me listen to my body. Remind me to slow down and rest now and then.
 
Action for the Day: How much have I rested lately? Have I gotten enough sleep each night? What can I do in the next two days to rest my body, mind, and spirit?
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Change
I knew at least there had to be some changes made.
I tried to change the time and place and amount of my drinking and druging.
I tried to change my environment, my place of living -- like most of us who
at one time or another think that our trouble is geography rather than alcohol or drugs.
I even entertained the idea of changing spouses.
I tried to change everything and everybody, except myself
-- the only thing I could change.
Experience, Strength and Hope,p. 153

Thought to Ponder . . .
In order to change the way I feel, I need to change the way I act.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Acceptance, Belief, Change.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Be good to life

Don’t wait for life to be good to you. Be good and useful and valuable to life.

Decide precisely and specifically what would make life great. Then get busy making it happen.

It’s not your fault that life is often so difficult. It is, however, your responsibility to deal with those difficulties that affect your world.

The challenges, unfair situations and injustices do not excuse you from your responsibility to make a difference. In fact, they compel you to act and to create meaningful value.

If you can find things to complain about, then you can also find ways to improve your world. Let go of the need to complain, and work instead on bringing the improvements to life.

As many problems as there are, there are even more positive possibilities. Grab the best of those possibilities, be good to life, and enjoy how good life is for you.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment