Friday, March 30, 2012

Daily Motivation 3-30-2012

Friday, March 30, 2011
Today's Gift

We all carry it within us: supreme strength, the fullness of wisdom, unquenchable joy. It is never thwarted and cannot be destroyed. But it is hidden deep, which is what makes life a problem. —Huston Smith

How does a one lose touch with their strength, their wisdom, their joy? Perhaps it is in the nature of humanity. Our most profound qualities are hidden deep. They never go away, but we cannot always find them. There may be nothing wrong with ourselves as a man or woman when we lose touch. It doesn't have to mean that we are a "bad person" for getting depressed or for feeling inadequate. Who doesn't have that problem? It is the nature of life that we sometimes feel this way...

When we cannot find those reassuring feelings of strength and wisdom and joy, we may think they are gone forever. We even doubt we ever had them or could have them again. But they are still there. They cannot be destroyed. And when we regain contact we know they have been with us all along.

I will have faith that the innermost places in me can never be destroyed.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men©

center

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Spirituality is...the awareness that survival is a savage fight between you and yourself.---Lisa S.

As recovering people, we're getting stronger each day. We go to meetings to learn how to be better people. But we also go to remind ourselves of the beast inside us---our addiction. This beast is waiting for us to slip---to go back to our addiction---so it can regain control.

Thus, it's wise to learn all we can about our addictions. That's why it's important to do a good job on our Fourth Step. When we work Step Four, we learn how our addiction acts, thinks, and feels. With the help of our program, we can quiet the beast. One Day at a Time.,

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, I'm fighting for my life. Thanks to You, I'm winning today and my life is free.

Action for the Day: I'll talk to a friend about my addiction, the beast inside me. I'll do this so it will have less power over me.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Uniqueness
I genuinely believed that I was different until much later,
when I had what I now know to be my first spiritual awakening:
that I was an alcoholic/addict, and I didn't have to drink or use!
I also learned that alcoholism and addiction, as an equal opportunity dysfunction,
does not discriminate -- is not restricted to race, creed, or geography.
At last I was released from the bondage of my uniqueness.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 450

Thought to Ponder . . .
I am unique, just like everyone else.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
Y A N A =
You Are Not Alone.

********************
Daily Motivation

Today is a choice

Today is a choice. Choose to make it beautiful and productive.

Today is filled with challenges, opportunities, frustrations, possibilities and much more. Choose to make good and meaningful use of it all.

No matter what you have chosen or failed to choose in the past, today you can choose to live at your highest, most fulfilling level. No matter what today brings, you can respond with love, kindness, joy, gratitude and genuine enthusiasm for making a positive difference.

In all of time, today is the one day with which you can now work. Today you can choose to express the miracle of existence in a way that is uniquely yours.

Today, you can choose to lift up and strengthen the values and visions that truly mean the most to you. Today you can choose to rise above the petty negativity and to focus on bringing new beauty and richness to life.

Today is a choice, and you are in a position to make it the smartest, most loving, authentic and meaningful choice you’ve ever made. Today is your choice, so choose to make it the best one yet.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment