Thursday, February 9, 2012

Daily Motivation 2-9-2012

Thursday, February 9, 2012
Today's Gift

We have seen too much defeatism, too much pessimism, too much of a negative approach. The answer is simple: if you want something very badly, you can achieve it. It may take patience, very hard work, a real struggle, and a long time; but it can be done . . . faith is a prerequisite of any undertaking. . . . —Margo Jones

How many dreams have we let die? How many projects did we start, only to leave them unfinished? How many times have we promised ourselves, "This time will be different," but then didn't work to make it so? Negativity breeds more negativity. Fortunately, its opposite does likewise. Our attitude will carry us a long way. And a positive attitude will make all things possible.

We are meant for good living. But we must seek it out and be open to its invitation, be willing to put forth the necessary effort. Our dreams are our invitations to move forward, to strive for a further goal. And having faith in our ability to achieve our dreams will make easier the necessary steps.

We have been blessed with dreams, all of us. They are gifts meant to stretch our capabilities.

I can trust my dreams and aspirations. They are mine, alone, and special to me. Achievement is possible; faith and a positive attitude will ease my efforts.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

H.A.L.T. -- AA Slogan
H.A.L.T. stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired. These feelings can be danger to us. They can lead us away from our program. We need to eat regular meals. When we get too hungry, we get cranky. Then we say and do things we regret. We need to turn anger over to our Higher Power, or else our anger turns into rage. We need friends to help us in recovery. If we get to lonely, we may turn our addictive way for friendship. We don't stay sober by ourselves. We need a clear mind to deal with life. If we get too tried, we tend to feel sorry for ourselves. Being tired get us into crazy thinking.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, remind me to H.A.L.T. Help me to not get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll review the four parts of H.A.L.T. In which areas do I practice good self-care? In which areas do I not? How can I improve?

**********************
One Day At A Time

Belief
It wasn't AA that had the closed mind, it was me.
The minute I stopped arguing, I could begin to see and feel.
Right there, Step Two gently and very gradually began to infiltrate my life.
I can't say upon what occasion or upon what day I came to believe
in a Power greater than myself, but I certainly have that belief now.
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 27

Thought to Ponder . . .
I came; I came to; I came to believe.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Acceptance, Belief, Change.

*********************
Daily Motivation

A great future

Think ahead, act ahead, and you’ll get ahead. Consider your future consequences right now, while you are in a position to determine what those consequences will be.

Live fully in the moment where you are, while creating value for the many moments that will come. Time gives you enormous leverage, so use it.

A small action today can have a big influence a year from now, or five years from now. Use each day as an opportunity to make a better future for yourself.

Focus on the long-term value of each situation. The best opportunities are often hidden in plain sight behind the time required for their fulfillment.

Live your life in such a way that you’ll be thankful tomorrow for what you’ve done today. Make your future bright by making the most of the present.

Look ahead, plan ahead, live ahead, and put yourself ahead. A great future is yours to create right now.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment