Monday, February 20, 2012

Daily Motivation 2-20-2012

Monday, February 20, 2012
Today's Gift
 
Today I will be grateful for where I am now.
 
My life might not be perfect, and I might not have achieved the goals I thought I would have by now - I might not be living the kind of life I thought I would be or want to be, but I'm grateful for this day, right now, and the fact that I've made a commitment to myself to live a life in which I'm treated with respect and dignity.
 
I will use this day as a gift, one that I've given myself because I deserve it. I will use this day to be glad for all I've accomplished.
 
I'm deserving, worthy, and valuable.
 
I'm a lovable person, and today I thank the person who helped me understand this: me.
 
From the book Time to Fly Free by Judith R. Smith

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple
 
No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made. Destiny is made known silently. --Agnes DeMille

The day ahead offers us choices of many kinds--some big ones, many that will affect other persons close to us, a few that will have profound effects on our destiny. But no choice, no decision we make, will be wrong. A particular decision may lead us slightly astray. Down a dead-end path perhaps--but we can always turn back and choose again.

We are seldom aware of the gravity of a particular choice at the time of making it. Only hindsight reveals the wisdom of an important choice. Nevertheless, no choice is without importance in the overall picture of our lives. And at the same time, no choice is all-powerful regarding our destiny. We are offered chances again and again for making the right choices, the ones that will most contribute to the bigger plan for our lives.

Action for the Day: I need not worry about today's opportunities for decision-making. I will listen to those around me. I will seek guidance in the messages coming to me. I will make the choices I need to, today.
 
***********************
One Day At A Time
 
Step Five
Most of us would declare that without a fearless admission of our defects
to another human being we could not stay sober.
It seems plain that the grace of our Higher Power will not enter
to expel our destructive obsession until we are willing to try this.
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 56-7

Thought to Ponder . . .
I am as sick as my secrets.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W =
Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

The best light

Would you like to have less stress in your life? Then quit creating so much.

Instead of jumping at the chance to be offended, choose to be amused. Rather than filling your thoughts with resentment, fill your heart with forgiveness.

If someone is rude to you, let it be that person’s problem and not yours. Quickly move beyond each disappointment, while savoring and extending and sharing each joy.

The world in general is what it is. Yet your life in particular, and your experience of it, is the way you choose to make it.

When you encounter difficult, frustrating situations, choose to respond with patience and understanding. When things don’t go your way, see it not as a disappointment but rather as an opportunity to make positive improvements.

Take each occurrence in stride, confidently knowing that you can make the best of it. Life is good when you see it as good, so decide to always see it in the best light you can imagine.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment