Monday, January 16, 2012

Daily Motivation 1-16-2012

Monday, January 16, 2012
Today's Gift
 
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. --Oscar Wilde
 
I've made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes.
 
Everybody makes mistakes. The difference now is that I can see them more clearly afterward, and I am not living in denial about them.
 
If I become too critical of myself when I do make a mistake, I can remind myself that it's part of being human. I can remind myself that it's a learning experience and a mistake I won't make so easily in the future. Mistakes are not made intentionally, but they are errors caused by a lack of information or lack of attention.
 
Today I pay attention more than ever before and have more information than I ever have had. Mistakes will still happen, but they probably won't be as serious or dangerous as they were in my past. I can allow myself to make mistakes, understanding that when I give myself this freedom, I am accepting myself for who I am and loving myself unconditionally.
 
From the book Time to Fly Free by Judith R. Smith
 
center
 

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple
 
Everything is so dangerous that nothing is really very frightening. --Gertrude Stein
 
Life is full of dangers and risks and challenges. We can choose to meet them fearfully or in a spirit of welcome. To choose fear, to say, "I won't take that risk because I might lose," is to prevent ourselves from ever winning. If we welcome the danger, the risk, or the challenge, we acknowledge that life is made up of losses as well as victories, of gains as well as pain.
 
Life holds the dangers as well as the rewards. We choose how we will act. Sometimes we may feel trapped in a cycle of fearfulness. If we examine our own part, will we find that we are neglecting to take a balanced view? Perhaps, through a fear of losing, we are missing many chances for satisfaction.

Action for the Day: I will remember: I have the power to choose what my attitude will be toward this day's offerings.
 
***********************
One Day At A Time
 
Dealing With Feelings

Provided you hold back nothing,
your sense of relief will mount from minute to minute.
The dammed-up emotions of years break out of their confinement,
and miraculously vanish as soon as they are exposed.
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 62

Thought to Ponder . . .
A fear faced is a fear erased.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F E E L =
Feel, Experience, Express, Let go.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Bring the best to life

Be at peace with what has been. That enables you to focus all of your attention and energy into making the best of what can be.

Let go of the need to prove you’re right. Instead, concentrate your thoughts and efforts on being your best.

Get beyond your worries about what may or may not happen, or what other people might think of you. Invest yourself in the real and present actions you can take to make a positive difference.

Your life is too important to waste even a moment or two on things you can’t do anything about. There is so very much you can do instead, and so very many things you can positively influence.

Put all your efforts into what will bear fruit. Give your time and attention to the things that have meaning and value for you.

Feel love instead of fear, joy in the place of worry, and focus on your possibilities instead of resentments. Visualize life at its best, and bring the best to life.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment