Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Daily Motivation 10-25-11

Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Today's Gift
 
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow." --Anne Hunninghake
 
A key quality that distinguishes a successful athlete, or a top-notch performer in any field, is the way he responds to his bad days. Everyone has good days and bad days, and the good ones are certainly easier to handle. But do we allow the bad ones to throw us off our course? Are we so shaken by our mistakes or troubles that we lose our focus on our goals?
 
Adult development is a process; it's never an end goal that we reach and hold. Our healing and recovery includes preparing ourselves to respond well to the bad days. We can do that by keeping our eye on the big picture, knowing that however bad things may seem at the moment, they will change. We learn to reach deep into our spiritual center for the courage to stay focused in the midst of our hardest days. We don't have to do it alone. We have the spiritual support of our Higher Power and the companionship of our friends to keep us on the path.
 
Today I will stay in touch with my spiritual center to find the courage for another day.
 
From the book: Wisdom to Know by Anonymous
 
 
********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

Love thy neighbor as thyself, but choose your neighbor.---Louise Beal
In our program, we learn a lot about loving ourselves. Then we start to see how this helps us love our neighbors. We learn to love ourselves honestly, seeing our strengths and our weaknesses. We learn to see others honestly . We learn how much to trust ourselves and when to get extra help. We learn how much to trust others too. We learn to love ourselves with a love that’s honest and challenging. We learn to love others this way too. We learn to care about others without losing our common sense. We learn to protect our spirits from harm.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me see others clearly. Help me love them. But help me choose carefully who I trust.

Action for the Day: Today, I’ll list three people I trust the most, and I’ll write down why.
 
***********************
One Day At A Time
 
Overcoming Fear
I need power each day, because I get weary...
...I don't want to stare out my window in total despair any more.
The ocean and the sun and the trees and all the fantastic beauty
that God has created have finally become real to me.
I crave and need the presence of nature. . .
. . and now I know that it is possible to overcome fear.
- Came To Believe . . ., p. 103

Thought to Ponder . . .
The power within me is far greater than any fear before me.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
T H I N K =
The Happiness I Never Knew.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

You don’t have to

You don’t have to prove anything to anybody. You don’t have to live in fear of what others might think.

You don’t have to continue holding on to the negative habits and thought patterns that have held you back. You don’t have to keep living under the outdated assumptions that have closed your eyes to some of the best possibilities.

You don’t have to weigh yourself down with anger, resentment, fear or frustration. You don’t have to settle for less than the very best you can be.

You can live, you can give, you can love and achieve. You can take this very moment, with whatever it may hold, and transform it into a positive, enriching, fulfilling experience.

You can feel the truth and beauty of your authentic purpose, and take action to follow that purpose. You can let go of all the burdens you’ve imposed on yourself, and live this day with a powerful, newfound appreciation for all you have.

You can choose right now to meet each challenge with positive passion and enthusiasm for the best, most meaningful possibilities. You can choose, again and again, to truly live life on your own best terms.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment