Friday, August 5, 2011

Daily Motivation 8-5-11

Friday, August 5, 2011
Today's Gift

The bottom line is that I am responsible for my own well-being, my own happiness. The choices and decisions I make regarding my life directly influence the quality of my days.
—Kathleen Andrus

There is no provision for blaming others in our lives. Who we are is a composite of the actions, attitudes, choices, decisions we've made up to now. For many of us, predicaments may have resulted from our decisions to not act when the opportunity arose. But these were decisions, no less, and we must take responsibility for making them.

We need not feel utterly powerless and helpless about the events of our lives. True, we cannot control others, and we cannot curb the momentum of a situation, but we can choose our own responses to both; these choices will heighten our sense of self and well-being and may well positively influence the quality of the day.

I will accept responsibility for my actions, but not for the outcome of a situation; that is all that's requested of me. It is one of the assignments of life, and homework is forthcoming.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

 


*******************************

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
 
Keep It Simple

You're only human, you've suppose to make mistakes.---Billy Joel
Listen to the kind voice inside. Listen to the voice that tells you you're
good enough. Listen to the voice that tells you it's okay to make
mistakes---you'll learn from them. Listen to the voice that tells you to go
to your meeting even though it's cold outside and you're tired. Listen and
let this voice become more and more clear. Listen, and welcome it in your
heart. Talk with the voice.
 
Ask it questions and seek it out when you need a friend. This voice is your
Higher Power. Listen as your Higher Power speaks to you. Listen as your
Higher Power tells you what a great person you are.
 

Prayer for the Day: I pray to the gentle, loving voice that lives in me. Higher Power, You've
always been kind to me. You've always loved me. Help me to remember You're always there---inside me.
 
Action for the Day: I will take time from my busy day to listen and talk with the loving voice
that lives inside me.


***********************

One Day At A Time
 
A New Beginning
I knew I had to have a new beginning, and this beginning had to be here.
I could not start anywhere else. I had to let go of the past and forget the future.
As long as I held on to the past with one hand and grabbed at the future
with the other hand, I had nothing to hold on to today with.
So I had to begin here, now.
- Came To Believe . . ., p. 46

Thought to Ponder . . .
There are no endings ... only new beginnings.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Accept, Begin, Continue.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Let the efforts flow

Hold yourself to a high standard, yet don’t be so critical of yourself that you never get anything done. What you do is worthy and valuable even though it may not be perfect.

Seek to stay focused, but don’t beat yourself up when you happen to lose your focus, for that will merely prolong the interruption. Simply let the lapse go, and let your focus calmly and confidently return.

Be honest with yourself about your shortcomings, and work to gain strength in the areas where you are weak. Remind yourself often, though, that you are worthy of the best no matter what your strengths and weaknesses may be.

Live with intention and positive ambition, but not with obsession. Make achievement a joy rather than a job.

The less you fight against life, the more effective you’ll be. Peacefully and thankfully enjoy where you are, and there will be much value to create and to live.

You are here to do great things, and in your own way, you surely will. Let your dreams inspire you, let your efforts flow, and let the results come as they will.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment