Monday, July 11, 2011

Daily Motivation 7-11-11

Monday, July 11, 2011
Today's Gift
 
All I have to know today is that I'm willing to have my life be different.

"Willingness" is the key to my freedom.

When I'm open-minded, when I'm ready to listen to ideas and suggestions, I'm already changing my life for the better.


You are reading from the book:

Time to Break Free by Judith R. Smith

***************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Everybody knows that when they're happy, than usually the people around them are happy.---George Harrison

Do we think we can't be happy until others are happy? Then nobody is happy. Our unhappy friends won't take our advice. They say,” Why should I do what you say? You are not happy either." And we answer, "I'll be okay when you're happy." We make them responsible for our happiness. What a mess!


We can only make one person happy---ourselves. How? By living as our Higher Power leads us. By working the Steps. By being grateful for the good things in our lives. By loving ourselves and others, just as we are.
And maybe when we're happy, our friends will learn from us. They can be happy too. But only our friends can make themselves happy.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, as I do my part in Your plan today, help me feel connected to You and to life.

Today's Action: Today I'll enjoy my happiness. I'll look for three ways to share it with others.

***********************

One Day At A Time

Powerlessness
Lack of power, that was our dilemma.
We had to find a power by which we could live, and it had to be
a Power greater than ourselves.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 45

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life will take on new meaning.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Achieve Anything.

********************
Daily Motivation

Demand results

One of the most insidious ways to avoid doing what you must do is to spend your time and effort doing what’s not really necessary. When you’re constantly busy, it can be difficult to recognize or to admit that you’re not getting anything done.

Taking action is good. Yet taking effective, productive, meaningful action is what will move you forward.

When you purchase a product or service from someone else, it’s likely that you demand results in exchange for your money. Get in the habit of being just as demanding of results from your own time and your own efforts.

Pay attention to the results you’re getting, and to how much value those results bring to your life and to your world. If you’re not getting results that are valuable and meaningful, it’s time to change your approach.

Your time is a highly precious and irreplaceable resource. Make sure that whatever you exchange your time for is even more valuable than the time and effort you spend getting it.

Instead of telling yourself that you’re doing enough by merely being busy, demand results. Wisely use your time to bring real and meaningful richness to your world.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment