Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Daily Motivations 5-18-11

Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Today's Gift

Don't stop living your life!

So often, when a problem occurs, inside or around us, we revert to thinking that if we put our life on hold we can positively contribute to the solution. If a relationship isn't working, if we face a difficult decision, if we're feeling depressed, we may put our life on hold and torment ourselves with obsessive thoughts.

Abandoning our life or routines contributes to the problem and delays us from finding the solution.

Frequently, the solution comes when we let go enough to live our life, return to our routine, and stop obsessing about the problem.

Sometimes, even if we don't feel like we have let go or can let go, we can act as if we have, and that will help bring about the letting go we desire.

You don't have to give up your power to problems. You can take your focus off your problem and direct it to your life, trusting that doing so will bring you closer to a solution.

Today, I will go on living my life and tending to my routine. I will decide, as often as I need to, to stop obsessing about whatever is bothering me. If I don't feel like letting go of a particular thing, I will act as if I have let go of it until my feelings match my behavior.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990

*****************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day
 
Keep It Simple

You cannot plan the future by the past.---Edmund Burke
We got tried of how we were living. We honestly looked at our life. We saw that alcohol and other drugs controlled our life. We met others who understood us. And we came to believe that a Power
greater than ourselves could help us. We turned our will and our life over to this Power. In so doing, we learned that life doesn't take place in the past or in the future. We find our program in the present.
 
Prayer for the Day: I pray that I'll leave the past in the past.
I pray that I'll walk into each moment with my Higher Power.

Action for the Day: The only time we revisit the past is when we tell our story. Today, I'll tell my story to someone. I'll tell what really happened. I'll tell what life is like now.
 
***********************
One Day At A Time
 
Fear
The foundation stone of freedom from fear is that of faith;
a faith that, despite all worldly appearances to the contrary,
causes me to believe that I live in a universe that makes sense.
- As Bill Sees It, p. 51

Thought to Ponder . . .
The power within me is far greater than any fear before me.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F E A R =
False Evidence Appearing Real.
 


************************
Daily Motivation

Blueprints

Your thoughts are the blueprints from which your days are constructed. Each action you take is informed and directed by the thoughts you think.

If your thoughts are disjointed and unfocused, the results you get will be meager and mostly meaningless. If your thoughts are filled with negativity and worry, your life will faithfully express your greatest fears.

Fortunately, you can do much, much better, and it’s really not so difficult at all. You can choose, right now and as often as you wish, to fill your mind with positive, empowering thoughts.

All it takes is the will to do so. It is so easy to choose your thoughts, it seems almost trivial, and yet the results are anything but trivial.

When the blueprints are well designed, the building will be a strong, beautiful, functional structure. When your thoughts are consistently well chosen, your life will be consistently rich and fulfilling.

You can choose any thought, any time you wish. Remind yourself often to stick with those thoughts that continue to build your life into one that’s truly great.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment