Friday, April 29, 2011

Daily Motivations 4-29-11

Friday, April 29, 2011
Today's Gift

Love between two people is such a precious thing. It is not a possession. I no longer need to possess to complete myself. True love becomes my freedom. —Angela L. Wozniak

Self-doubt fosters possessiveness. When we lack confidence in our own capabilities, when we fear we don't measure up as women, mothers, lovers, employees, we cling to old behavior, maybe to unhealthy habits, perhaps to another person. We can't find our completion in another person because that person changes and moves away from our center. Then we feel lost once again.

Completion of the self accompanies our spiritual progress. As our awareness of the reality of our higher power's caring role is heightened, we find peace. We trust that we are becoming all that we need to be. We need only have faith in our connection to that higher power. We can let that faith possess us, and we'll never need to possess someone else.

God's love is ours, every moment. Recognition is all that's asked of us. Acceptance of this ever-present love will make us whole, and self-doubt will diminish. Clinging to other people traps us as much as them, and all growth is hampered, ours and theirs.

Freedom to live, to grow, to experience my full capabilities is as close as my faith. I will cling only to that and discover the love that's truly in my heart and the hearts of my loved ones.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

*****************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day
 
Keep It Simple

No human creature can give order to love. --George Sand
If we are trying to get others to love us, all we’re really doing is trying to be in control. Trying to control others can be a powerful drug. Remember, we can’t control others. We can’t make others love us. Our Higher Power has control, not us.
 
So, what do we need to do? Turn things over to our Higher Power and just be ourselves. Sure, it can scare us to just be ourselves. The truth is, not everyone will love us. But if we’re honest about who we are, others will respect us. We’ll like ourselves better. And we’ll have a better chance of loving others and being loved.

Prayer for the Day: I pray to have my need for control lifted from me. I pray to be rid of self-will.
 
Action for the Day: Today, I’ll list five ways my self-will---my need to control---has gotten me in trouble.
 
***********************
One Day At A Time
 
Change
I knew at least that there had to be some changes made.
I tried to change the time and place and amount of my drinking.
I tried to change my environment, my place of living -- like most of us
who at one time or another think that our trouble is geography
rather than whiskey. I even entertained the idea of changing wives.
I tried to change everything and everybody, except myself --
the only thing I could change.
- Experience, Strength and Hope, p. 153

Thought to Ponder . . .
Learn to change, change to learn.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A C T I O N =
Any Change To Improve Our Nature.
 
************************
Daily Motivation

True intentions

When you choose to achieve, the choice goes far beyond you. When you truly choose to achieve an authentic purpose, you tap into the immense power of intention.

When you commit to make something meaningful happen, you create a new source of energy. With persistent focus, that energy grows stronger and stronger.

What you must have, you suddenly have the ability to acquire. What you must know, you suddenly are able to discover.

True intention is not merely a mental exercise. It is a powerful, visceral force.

The way to have it, is to follow your purpose. Make the commitment to do what is authentically meaningful to you, and through you, it absolutely begins to happen.

Feel the unique beauty and value of who you are. Boldly feel your true intentions, and ride joyfully along as you bring them to life.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment