Friday, April 1, 2011

Daily Motivations 4-1-11

Friday, April 1, 2011
Today's Gift

Going Easy

Go easy. You may have to push forward, but you don't have to push so hard. Go in gentleness - go in peace.

Do not be in so much of a hurry. At no day, no hour, no time are you required to do more than you can do in peace.

Frantic behaviors and urgency are not the foundation for our new way of life.

Do not be in too much of a hurry to begin. Begin, but do not force the beginning if it is not time. Beginnings will arrive soon enough.

Enjoy and relish middles, the heart of the matter.

Do not be in too much of a hurry to finish. You may be almost done, but enjoy the final moments. Give yourself fully to those moments so that you may give and get all there is.

Let the pace flow naturally. Move forward. Start. Keep moving forward. Do it gently, though. Do it in peace. Cherish each moment.

Today, Higher Power, help me focus on a peaceful pace rather than a harried one. I will keep moving forward gently, not frantically. Help me let go of my need to be anxious, upset, and harried. Help me replace it with a need to be a peace and in harmony.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©

*****************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day
Keep It Simple

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. --- Step Fourof Alcoholics Anonymous.
We avoid the Fourth Step. We put it off. We're scared of what we will find inside of us. We may find out we're mean, angry, selfish, afraid. We might see how badly we've acted to others, to ourselves. We have all these things inside us. We also have love, trust, faith, and hope. We love art, music, nature, or sports. We have power to heal, and we have used it too. The Fourth Step helps us to know our inner power. As we learn about our own power, we can use it carefully, on purpose, to do good.
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me use my power to do Your will. Let your power work through me too.

Action for the Day: Today Ill watch my own actions and words. I'll see how my power affects others. I'll talk about this with my sponsor.





***********************
One Day At A Time




 
Emotional Sobriety
My emotional sobriety has regularly been imperfect.
I've made many mistakes and behaved poorly to others. . .
I thought that once I stopped drinking all my problems would end.
It didn't occur to me that now, after almost a lifetime of drinking alcohol,
I'd have to face life without medicating. . . I work daily on trying to rein in my
impetuous temper, my obsession with reaction rather than reflection,
and that silly ego that keeps rearing its ugly head. . .
Despite my shortcomings, with the help of the AA program and my brothers in AA,
improvements will continue to be made.
- The AA Grapevine, April 2011, p. 17

Thought to Ponder . . .
There is only one corner of the universe I can be certain of improving,
and that's my own self.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
B A T H =
Behavior, Attitude, Thinking, Habits.
 
************************
Daily Motivation

Feel the possibilities

Feel the energy of life as it fills your awareness. Feel the ever-expanding universe of possibilities that stretches out in every direction.

Feel the possibilities, for they are your possibilities. Because you do feel them, you are in the amazingly fortunate position of being able to bring them to life.

Choose to focus on an objective, and you will indeed focus the unique power of your awareness on that objective. Decide to take action, and just as soon as the decision is made you can be taking action.

You can perceive, you can evaluate, you can prioritize, you can plan and strategize and get the results you intend. And now is when you can make full use of your powerful capabilities.

Feel your purpose, feel your vision, and act on the possibilities that will share the goodness of that unique vision with all of life. Understand that every single moment is a spectacular opportunity.

What is most meaningfully possible for you is ready for you to make it real. Feel the beautiful, life-enriching possibilities as they come to life through you.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment