Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daily Motivation 2-15-11

Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Today's Gift

It is always a mistake not to close one's eyes, whether to forgive or to look better into oneself. —Maurice Maeterlinck

It is easy to look outward and find faults with the world and people around us. We criticize family members or complain about our friends. We always notice disease in the trees around us.

But if we take time to be quiet, to sit alone in a tree or by a lake, we become more aware of how connected we are to the life around us. We are part of the beauty and the imperfection. When we notice our own tree is not perfect, it becomes easier to forgive the blights of those around us. It is also important to forgive ourselves our faults. Though all the trees are beautiful, they each have their scars. Being human means we are, like all humanity, both beautiful and imperfect.

Will I see through the flaws to another's beauty today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

Easy Does It.---Twelve Steps slogan
We are people who push ourselves to hard. We try to be perfect. Well, we need to lighten up. Easy Does It.
We need to slow down our pace. Why? Because our program teaches us to give up trying to be perfect.
We begin to love ourselves for who we are. We are enough. Over and over we hear this as we live the Steps. It's the message of God's love. Our Higher Power want us to live at a pace that's not fast and hard, so we always know we're loved. Remember, we've turned our life over to the care of God. And our life is a wonderful gift. As recovering people, we may know better than others.
 
Prayer for the Day:  Higher Power, teach me to live at Your pace, not mine. Help me keep in mind that life isn't a race. It's a spiritual journey. Walk with me.

Action for the Day:  Today, I'll take two hours just to relax and do loving things for myself. I'll take time to count my blessings.



***********************

One Day At A Time
 
Fantasy
The more I drank, the more I fantasized everything.
I imagined getting even for hurts and rejections.
In my mind's eye I played and replayed scenes
in which I was plucked magically from the bar where I stood nursing a drink
and was instantly exalted to some position of power and prestige.
I lived in a dream world. AA led me gently from this fantasizing
to embrace reality with open arms. And I found it beautiful!
I was at peace with myself. And with others. And with my Higher Power.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 559

Thought to Ponder . . .
I never imagined that the greatest achievement of my life
would be peace of mind.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S O B E R =
Son Of a Bitch, Everything's Real.
 




******************** 
Daily Motivation
 
Clearly and precisely
 
If you're not getting what you want from life, chances are it's because you have not defined your objectives clearly enough.
 
When you can clearly and precisely articulate what you seek to create, you're well on your way to creating it and it will indeed come to be.
 
Whatever advantages or disadvantages you may have, you absolutely have the means and the ability to experience the life you wish to experience. To utilize the power of that ability, though, you must be completely clear about where to direct it.


Think about it, and you'll realize that you are extremely well equipped and intended for achievement. Since the moment you were born, you have found a way to get your way.
 
However, when you're vague or inconsistent about where you want to go, you won't go much of anywhere. An absolutely essential part of success is precisely defining what that success is.
 
Go beyond merely wishing for something better. Figure out exactly what that something looks like, what it feels like, and how it will impact your life.
 
Forget about what you don't want, and get completely clear about what you do want. Then you'll discover that you are indeed able to make it happen.
 
-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment