Thursday, October 28, 2010

Daily Motivations 10-28-2010

Thursday, October 28, 2010
Today's Gift
 

I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in human beings.
  —Pearl S. Buck

We owe each other respect. We cannot expect to be respected if we don't respect others around us. When we respect others, we respect their property and personal belongings as well as their self-esteem and their right to voice an opinion. Respect is a way of cooperating with each other.

We can imagine a submarine where crewmembers did not respect each other's personal belongings or their ability to do the job. The ship would soon stop functioning because of the chaos. In a family we live in close quarters, like a submarine crew. Respect for each other is one of the things, which keep chaos from breaking out. When we grow in respect for each other's property, abilities, and self-esteem, we soon see how valuable each member of our crew really is.

How can I show respect to those around me today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©

 

*******************************

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
Each morning puts a man on trail and each evening passes judgment.  Ray L. Smith


In many ways, the Tenth Step is very natural. We continue to take a personal inventory. And when we’re wrong, we promptly admit it.
 
At the end of each day we ask ourselves, “How did my day go?” As we think about our day, we bring order to our life. The Tenth Step teaches us about order. It also teaches us how to correct mistakes. We do this by admitting our wrongs. This way, we have no backlog of guilt. It’s good to start each day fresh, free from quilt.
 
Admitting our wrongs is a loving thing to do. It’s another way the program teaches us to love ourselves.
 
Prayer for the Day:  Today, I’ll face many choices. Higher Power, be with me as I choose. When the day is done, remind me to think about how I lived today. This will help me learn.
 
Action for the Day:  Tonight, I’ll list three choices I made today. Would I make the same choices again?
 
***********************

One Day At A Time
 
Half Measures
Many of my character defects appear daily: self-condemnation, anger,
running away, being prideful, wanting to get even, or acting out of grandiosity.
Attempting half measures to eliminate these defects
merely paralyzes my efforts to change.
It is only when I ask my God and able -- to change.
- Daily Reflections, p. 15

Thought to Ponder . . .
Half measures availed us nothing.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G O D =
Good Orderly Direction.
 

********************

Daily Motivation
 
Ignite your passion
 
Ability is about more than skill. Ability is about more than knowledge.
 
Though skill and knowledge and experience are important, there's something even more powerful that drives ability. It is passion.
 
If you do not have a strong desire, fueled by passion, it doesn't really matter how much skill you have. If you lack passion, it doesn't matter how much experience or knowledge you have.
 
When you are truly passionate, that brings your skills and knowledge to life. When you are truly passionate, even if you lack sufficient skills you will find a way to acquire them.
 
Passion compels and enables you to connect with whatever is necessary to express and fulfill that passion.
 
Passion pushes you into action, and supplies the energy for perseverance.
 
What are the things that ignite your passion? It's well worth your time and effort to know exactly what they are.
 
-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment