Friday, September 3, 2010

Daily Motivations 9-3-2010

Friday, September 3, 2010
Today's Gift
Today I will take it easy.

I will accept that I've made mistakes in the past. I will also accept that I did the best I could.
Maybe I wish I had made different decisions or handled things differently. But wishes don't change the past. I can only begin making changes today. I will accept myself, knowing that I did my best. I did what I thought I had to do.

I am and have always been worthy of being loved the way I want to be loved.

You are reading from the book:

*******************************

Twenty-Four HoursA Day

Walk In Dry Places

 
Good Expectations

What do We Deserve?
We hear about people who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some of us do that even in sobriety, experiencing failure just as success seems imminent. At times, we may just be suffering from a bad situation that is all around us. But if we do seem to be having one bad break after another, we should look more carefully within ourselves for causes. We may be punishing ourselves, or pushing away our good simply because we do not feel worth of it.

If we discover that this process is working in our lives, we must begin
changing these false patterns immediately. Having forgiven ourselves and
others, and having made amends, we need no punishment. We will work to
succeed in all of our activities, with a reasonable expectation of
success most of the time. We will expect and deserve the
best.


Action for the Day: I'll carry with me today a belief that I deserve to succeed and will
take all necessary action to earn my success.

***********************

One Day At A Time
Paradox

We DIE TO LIVE.

That is a beautiful paradox straight out of the Biblical idea of being "born again"
or "in losing one's life to find it."
When we work at our Twelve Steps, the old life of guzzling and fuzzy thinking,
and all that goes with it, gradually dies,
and we acquire a different and better way of life.
As our shortcomings are removed, one life of us dies and another life of us lives.
We in AA die to live.
- Experience, Strength and Hope, p.156

Thought to Ponder . . .
Is the life I'm living the life that wants to live in me?

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Always Alive.
********************

Daily Motivation
Beyond comfort

It can be easy to become comfortable, and that comfort can then become a trap. Though comfort feels nice, it can also hold you back from being your best.

After a while, as good as it can feel, comfort will become stale and tedious. You have a fundamental need for growth that, sooner or later, must be fulfilled.

Instead of using the comfort you've achieved as a refuge from life, use it as a platform from which you will have the confidence to reach even higher. When you're feeling comfortable, see it as an opportunity to raise your standards.

No matter what level you've reached, you are always capable of reaching even higher. What a shame it would be to miss out on life's biggest opportunities just because you wanted to stay comfortable.

Think back on all the times in your life when you've made the greatest progress. Although those times very likely felt uncomfortable, look at all the wonderful and valuable things you accomplished.

Enjoy the comfort you've earned, and then step boldly beyond that comfort. For there's no end to the real value and joy that you can create.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment