Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Daily Motivation 9-21-10

Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Today's Gift
 
Friendship and Love

Friendships or relationships based on "dire need" or physical security are doomed to fail if each person in the relationship does not grow beyond his or her limited ways of thinking and reacting.

The ideal relationship is one in which each partner strives to grow. It is an ever-expanding commitment, mutually supportive of healthy interdependence. A healthy relationship encourages the seeking of wider mental and spiritual horizons; it is never threatened permanently by them.

TODAY Do I give my loved ones enough room to grow? Do I encourage my friends or mate to do things without me? Am I threatened by change or do I welcome it? Do I have the courage to do things on my own, even if my loved ones do not give me support? Do I have the courage and consideration to share my changes with those I love?

Let the purpose of all relationships and friendships alike be the deepening of the spirit and the enrichment of the soul.

You are reading from the book:

The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
Love doesn’t make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
---Franklin Jones


Before recovery, anger, self-pity, and sadness often filled our hearts. The world went on. We came to hate the ride. In recovery, love fills our hearts. We begin to love life. Love is really caring about what happens to other people. Love is what makes the ride worth it

We find much love in our program. People really mater to us. We really matter to others. For many of us, we learn how to love in our meetings. The program teaches love because the program is love.
 
Prayer for the Day:  I pray that I’ll welcome love into my heart and others into my life. Love brings me closer to my Higher Power.

Action for the Day:  I’ll list all the people I love and why they matter to me.
 

***********************

One Day At A Time
 
Overcoming Restlessness
~ Scroll down for share ~
Strange as this may seem to those who do not understand --
once a psychic change has occurred, the very same person who seemed doomed,
who had so many problems he despaired of ever solving them,
suddenly finds himself easily able to control his desire for alcohol,
the only effort necessary being that required to follow a few simple rules.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. xxıx

Thought to Ponder . . .
You will surely meet some of us
as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H E A R T =
Healing, Enjoying, And Recovering Together.

A MEMBER SHARES:
I'm Ellen, an alcoholic. I was always restless and dissatisfied. I was like a wind-up doll - just point me in this direction or that direction and I would follow. I prayed the prayers I was taught as a child, but somewhere along the line my alcoholism began to rear its ugly head. I had abandoned God. I was clueless that faith in a God of my understanding could give an objective and a purpose to my life. I desperately needed someone or something to give meaning to my existence. By God's grace, today I have found that meaning through my Higher Power, whom I chose to call God. Today, I pray I can lead others along a path of recovery by showing them that their search for a meaning to life will end when they find faith and trust in a God as they understand Him as the answer. I pray, too, that my soul will lose its restlessness as I trudge the path of recovery and find peace of mind in the thought of our Higher Power and His purpose for my life. We do this together! Thanks for letting me share.
 
******************** 
Daily Motivation
 
Rich detail
 
What exactly do you want? What are the specific results you wish to achieve?
 
If you only have a vague idea of what you'd like, you're simply not going to get it. For it's impossible to reach a destination that doesn't even exist.
 
To get what you want, you absolutely must define exactly what that is. Give yourself a clear, meaningful target and you'll then be able to successfully hit that target.
 
Put every one of your senses into richly experiencing, in your mind and in your emotions, the fulfillment of your goal. See in detail the colors, the sounds, the textures, tastes and aromas of what you seek to achieve, and feel the emotions you'll feel when you've arrived there.
 
Make the goal real in your mind. Integrate it into the way your body feels, with all the clear and wonderful details.
 
Give rich detail to your goal, and keep that goal close to you at all times. Then you'll surely and steadfastly take the actions that will indeed make it real in your life.
 
-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment