Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Daily Motivations 8/4/2010

Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Today's Gift

I've learned that the more vulnerable I allow myself to be, the more in control of myself I really am. —Anonymous

Many of us feel that we can only show our strong, confident side. We believe the face we have to show to the world should always be one of politeness, perfection, calm, strength, and control.

While it is certainly good and often appropriate to be in control, calm, and strong, there is another side to all of us - that part of us that feels needy, becomes frightened, has doubts, and gets angry. That part of us that needs care, love, and reassurance those things will be okay. Expressing these needs makes us vulnerable and less than perfect, but this side needs our acceptance too.

Allowing ourselves to be vulnerable will help us build lasting relationships. Sharing our vulnerabilities helps us feel close to people and helps others feel close to us. It helps us grow in self-love and self-acceptance. It helps us become healing agents. It allows us to become whole and accessible to others.

Today, I will allow myself to be vulnerable with others when it's safe and appropriate to do so.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©

*****************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day

Keep It Simple

You're only human, you've suppose to make mistakes.---Billy Joel

Listen to the kind voice inside. Listen to the voice that tells you you're
good enough. Listen to the voice that tells you it's okay to make
mistakes---you'll learn from them. Listen to the voice that tells you to go
to your meeting even though it's cold outside and you're tired. Listen and
let this voice become more and more clear. Listen, and welcome it in your
heart. Talk with the voice.

Ask it questions and seek it out when you need a friend. This voice is your
Higher Power. Listen as your Higher Power speaks to you. Listen as your
Higher Power tells you what a great person you are.

Prayer for the Day: I pray to the gentle, loving voice that lives in me. Higher Power, You've
always been kind to me. You've always loved me. Help me to remember You're always there---inside me.

Action for the Day: I will take time from my busy day to listen and talk with the loving voice
that lives inside me.

************************
One Day At A Time

A New Life
~ Scroll down for share ~

It may seem incredible that these men are to become happy, respected,
and useful once more.
How can they rise out of such misery, bad repute and hopelessness?
The practical answer is that since these things have happened among us,
they can happen with you. ... Our own recovery proves that!
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 153

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life will take on new meaning.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A W O L =
A A Way Of Life.

A MEMBER SHARES:
I'm Ramona, an alcoholic. I knew misery and bad repute, and was sure that a new and useful life was impossible. I didn't feel I deserved it nor could ever attain it. What I see today is that it really is possible, but I can't do it alone. I need AA, every one of you, and a relationship with a Higher Power. Through these and a little willingness, all things are possible. It doesn't always seem or look that way, though -- life has its ups and downs. I am far from perfect and so is my program. I can still lose sight of the Promises. Life throws curve balls -- that is just life. It's good for me to share with others when things are tough. Now, I have you guys, a sponsor, close friends, meetings, a relationship with my HP, the Steps and Principles to help get me through, to remind me of where I came from If I let you know where I am, you can share with me, and remind me what my new purpose is -- a new and useful life! You all and the program of AA were, and are, here for me. I am so very grateful for that!

*********************
Daily Motivation

Objective advice
If you were someone else, what advice would you give yourself? If you could step back from being you, and look objectively at what you're doing and how you're living, what changes would you recommend?

It's easy to imagine the straightforward advice you'd give to someone else, because you don't have to follow that advice. Now imagine applying that same level of honesty and objectivity to your own situation.

Remember that you are not your problems, as intimate as those difficulties may feel. You do indeed have the ability to step back and to see clearly what you must do.

You have it within you to rise above every difficulty. You are absolutely capable of knowing and doing what will bring true fulfillment.

Take an honest, loving look at where you are. See the very real and positive possibilities available to you.

Rise above the limitations you've been imposing on yourself. Live your true values and fulfill the best that you know is within you.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment