Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daily Motivations 7-6-2010

Thursday, July 6, 2010
Today's Gift

There is nothing else that can expand the human soul, actualize the human potential for growth, or bring a person into the full possession of life more than a love which is unconditional. -- John Powell, S.J.

A garden tended by loving hands reaps succulent fruits. Our attention to family and friends, when offered lovingly, likewise reaps rewards for all of us. Our efforts are not soon forgotten by us or our loved ones. Each loving act we express finds its home, in another's heart as well as our own.

The decision to love someone unconditionally is simply made - and yet it takes daily persistent effort. How quickly we forget the promised benefits. Each day a gentle reminder is needed.

"I will love wholly and nurture the fuller development of someone special." This one commitment, carried out, guarantees two vital, growing souls.

You are reading from the book:

Worthy of Love by Karen Casey

************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day
Keep It Simple

If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average.---Ovid
Our program speaks of spiritual progress, not perfection. We can take all the time we need. Our bottom line is steady progress. We can ask ourselves, "Am I a little more spiritual than I was a year ago? A month ago?" If the answer is yes, we're doing great. If the answer is no, we should look at why. Our illness pushes us to be prefect. In recovery, we learn that we are free to be what we are---human. Even the world's fastest runners are average in most other areas of their lives.. This is okay. Remember, "spiritual progress, not perfection."

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, I'll not be ashamed of how average I am. I'll remember I'm average---and that's good.

Action for the Day: I'll list what is average about me. I'll share this with a friend. Than I'll ask my friend what is special about me.

************************
One Day At A Time

Silent Revolution
I began to re-examine the beliefs I had thought beyond criticism.
Almost imperceptibly my whole attitude toward life
underwent a silent revolution. . .
I found myself saying and thinking things that a short time ago
I would have condemned as platitudes!
A belief in the basic spirituality of life has grown
and with it belief in a supreme and guiding power for good.
~ Experience, Strength and hope, p. 107

Thought to Ponder . . .
What are you coming to believe? Belief is a continuing action.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Acceptance, Belief, Change.

*********************
Daily Motivation

Truly outstanding

Put all you are into what you do. The results you get from your efforts depend largely on the passion and purpose you put into those efforts.

The difference between outstanding success and mediocrity is not so much in what you do. The difference comes from why you do it, and how solidly your effort is connected to authentic, meaningful purpose.

What if you can't find a reason to put the very best of yourself into the effort? Then you're probably better off doing something else.

You will get out of life what you put into it. So get yourself in a position where you can joyfully and enthusiastically give your very best to every effort.

Be completely honest with yourself about how you truly want life to be. Don't borrow anyone else's dream, because nothing can motivate you to do your best like your very own sincere vision.

Find that vision, understand it, focus on it, feel it and put its power into all you do. That's what will create truly outstanding results.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment