Monday, July 26, 2010

Daily Motivations 7-26-2010

Monday, July 26, 2009
Today's Gift

Owning Our Power

Don't you see? We do not have to be so victimized by life, by people, by situations, by work, by our friends, by our love relationships, by our family, by our feelings, our thoughts, our circumstances, and ourselves.

We are not victims. We do not have to be victims. That is the whole point!

Yes, admitting and accepting powerlessness is important. But that is the first step, an introduction to this business of recovery. Later, comes owning our power. Changing what we can. This is as important as admitting and accepting powerlessness. And there is so much we can change.

We can own our power, wherever we are, wherever we go, whomever we are with. We do not have to stand there with our hands tied, groveling helplessly, submitting to whatever comes along. There are things we can do. We can speak up. Solve the problem. Use the problem to motivate ourselves to do something good for ourselves.

We can make ourselves feel good. We can walk away. We can come back on our terms. We can stand up for ourselves. We can refuse to let others control and manipulate us.

We can do what we need to do to take care of our selves. That is the beauty, the reward, the crown of victory we are given in this process called recovery. It is what it is all about!

If we can't do anything about the circumstance, we can change our attitude. We can do the work within: courageously face our issues so we are not victimized. We have been given a miraculous key to life.

We are victims no more unless we want to be.

Freedom and joy are ours for the taking, for the feeling, for the hard work we have done.

Today, I will remind myself as often as necessary that I am not a victim, and I do not need to be victimized by whatever comes my way. I will work hard to remove myself as a victim, whether that means setting and enforcing a boundary, walking away, dealing with my feelings, or giving myself what I need. Higher Power, help me let go of my need to feel victimized.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©

***************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Walk In Dry Places

Inventory
No tap dancing around problems.
Our program calls for a "searching and fearless" moral inventory, not only in the beginning, but as we continue to follow our new way of life. What this means is complete honesty about who and what we really are. We should not tap-dance around our problems in order to evade responsibility. This willnot bring the cleansing we need for real sober living. We need deep changes, not mere surface ones.

Difficult as it is to be fully honest, it's made easier when we remind ourselves that it's all for our own recovery. We benefit in proportion to the amount of honesty we bring to our inventory. If it's searching and fearless, the results will be far-reaching and substantial.

Action for the Day: I will not shirk from facing the truth about myself as I go through the day. What I need for self-improvement will be revealed to me.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Secrets
That meeting was a turning point for me.
An overwhelming sense of honesty entered my heart.
I didn't have to keep secrets any longer, and I surrendered fully.
I prayed that God would do for me what I couldn't do for myself.
The miracle occurred. The desire to drink or take drugs was lifted.
~ The AA Grapevine, July 2010, p. 33

Thought to Ponder . . .
We surrender to win.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W =
Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.

********************
Daily Motivation

Stream of goodness

A constant stream of goodness is flowing into your life right now. See it, feel it and accept it.

Somewhere deep within you, all is well. Any turmoil you experience is only near the surface and will soon be resolved.

Pay attention to the challenges, while keeping in mind that those challenges do not have to consume you. There is always plenty of goodness flowing in to your life, with which you can move forward no matter what.

This is a beautiful day, filled with value and possibilities. This is your opportunity to build upon life's goodness in your own special way.

Look at all there is right now with a thankful and loving heart. Think of the positive difference you can make with the abundance that's already available to you.

Feel the refreshing, energizing goodness as it flows into your life. And pass it along to every corner of your world.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment