Monday, June 14, 2010

Daily Motivation 6-14-10

Monday, June 14, 2009
Today's Gift

The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.
—Max Lerner


When we consider all of the troubles and crises in our lives and all of the scrapes we've gotten into, we might feel overwhelmed. With what we have gone through, it seems miraculous for many of us to be here today. When we stop feeling sorry for ourselves and when we stop complaining about the unfairness of it all, we may get a new insight: "I have survived!"

We see the strength and persistence, which brought us through the toughest times we have known. Even when some of us did not know it, we were being carried along by our Higher Power. We can draw strength from that knowledge. We can remind ourselves today that, knowing what we have lived through with the help of our Higher Power, we can deal with anything to come.

I am grateful to my Higher Power for help in surviving the hard times in life.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men


***************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.---unknown
Time always seems to pass too slowly or too quickly for us. .We want the fun times to last longer. We want the boring or painful times to go faster. But times goes at just the right pace. Any faster, and we wouldn't have enough time to learn as we go. Any slower, and we'd lose interest. In our program, we learn to respect the pace of time. We let go, and we let time go at it's own pace. We call this patience.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, thank-you for patience. Help me look forward to the future without rushing. Help me live fully in the here and now. Help me make today a good one by doing Your will.

Action for the Day: I'll list five ways I can use time to be more healthy---in body, mind and spirit. Which of these five things can I do today?

***********************
One Day At A Time

Challenges
Life is meant to be lived by facing the challenges it brings.
Otherwise, I'm not living, just existing.
God didn't give me this gift of sobriety to sit in a rocking chair,
imagining myself as some wise old woman who has arrived somewhere.
There is no easier, softer way.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], p. 320

Thought to Ponder . . .
What I am is my Higher Power's gift to me. What I make of myself is my gift to Him.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Answer Available.
********************
Daily Motivation

Exactly what

Once you know exactly what you desire, you have a way to get there. Once you define the objective clearly and with precision, the path begins to appear.

Then it's just a matter of taking the necessary actions. And you're fully capable of that.

The big question is, are you willing? When the purpose has real meaning to you, then you are indeed willing to do what must be done to reach it.

Dig deep, past the things you don't know why you want. Be brutally honest with yourself, and find what it is that you truly desire.

Allow your authentic purpose to be your source of energy. It's a source that will never run dry.

Yes you can, when you know what it is. Yes you can, when you truly know why.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment