Thursday, March 12, 2009

It’s Almost Springtime,


Time to Rejuvenate Your Soul


It will soon be springtime, although not soon enough. Springtime represents the renewal of nature and new beginnings. As spring gets closer we can start to feel the energy of Mother Earth vibrating in the air. We see her energy moving outward, the bulbs are blooming, the grass starts to turn green again, and energy that has been stored inward is starting to come to life. We begin crave those long sunny days and to feel the warmth of the sun on our backs.

We also go through changes at this time. Likewise, we too can sense our energies rising, stirring and wanting to move. Because of the outward moving, unreserved energy of the season, we are ready to move depressed, heavy sluggish ways out of our bodies and lives. Projects and plans that have been on hold because of the cold long winter start developing, moving forward and spring into life. Spring brings with it renewed optimism, hope, life and change. Will at least it should.

For some of us it is nit easy to go with the follow of the season because we have depleted all our energy during the winter months. Many of us are still recovering from the mayhem of the holidays, the long work days, high fevers, colds and repeated flu symptoms. Let’s not forget about midterms and finals. Yes, that all sounds bleak. So my question to you is what are you doing to rejuvenate your soul so you don’t miss out on the splendor of the wonderful springtime energy?

What I am doing is going on a weekend retreat. I am disconnecting from the world and reconnecting with Spirit. It’s that time for me take that journey within again. I will be doing some self-examination, challenging myself to face my fears and weaknesses and honor them as a part of me. I will have the opportunity to share my sorrows, strengths, and gifts with other men as well and receive all of theirs. It’s not just a weekend it’s an adventure, it’s called the New Warrior Training Adventure offered by The ManKind Project®. I went through my first weekend in May, 2001. MKP coupled with AA has helped me to become the person I am today.

Now don’t get me wrong I am not plugging MKP or AA. I’m just sharing what works for me.
What works for you?

If you are not sure or need some guidance please feel free to post a comment or email me directly at thework-in@hotmail.com, I will response as soon as I can.

Also, as Jim Pickett would say, “please check out some of the resources on the LifeLube mothership - Sex and Drugs, Crystal Meth, Spirituality, Relationships and Emotional Health.”

To read daily motivations visit www.backtothebasicsplease.com or to receive daily motivations via email join our Google group Back To The Basics Please

(Usual disclaimer applies: The suggestions on this blog are just that “SUGGESTIONS.” My words cannot heal your pain and or addictions. Nor can I change your life. Only you can.)

“Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness." -- Shakti Gawain

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
President Barack Obama - 44th President of the United States of America 2009

Weekend Training For Men


Weekends Trainings for Women



No comments:

Post a Comment