Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 5-24-2017

Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Today's Gift

Spring does not ask an audience, but shapes each blossom perfectly, indifferent to applause. —Joan Walsh Anglund

In the spring each blossom brings its own shape, color, and fragrance. The lilacs come early to spread their lavender splash. Apple trees burst into white, cherry blossoms into pink, and each weaves its unique and pleasant perfume.

They don't bloom because someone told them to, or because they will receive anything in return. They bloom for the pure joy of blooming. They bloom because that is what they are here to do.

Each one of us blooms in our own time, with our own color and fragrance. Every one of us is a special and important blossom, and we are all part of the tree of life.

How will my day today help me grow?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©
Today's Gift Daily Meditations for Families.jpg

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Showing up is 80 percent of life.---Woody Allen

Life is full of things we don't want to do. Yet when all parts of us(mind, body, spirit) show up, things go okay. By being there, we can learn about ourselves and help others.

Showing up means we care about our self. It means we speak up. It means we care about our family, our friends, the world. It means we listen when a friend has a bad day. It means seeing ourselves in others. It means we talk to someone who bothers us. Showing up means we laugh when something seems funny. It means we cry when we feel sad. We're important, and we need to bring our mind, body, and spirit with us---wherever we go. Have I learned to show up, all of me?

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me show up for my life. Help me show up to do my part in Your plan today.

Today's Action: As I go through my day, I'll think about how I'm showing up for my life. I'll be proud of myself for doing my part.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Humility
On his desk, Dr. Bob had a plaque defining humility:
"Perpetual quietness of heart. It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore; to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised, it is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go in and shut the door and kneel to my Higher Power in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all and around is seeming trouble."
- Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers, p. 222

Thought to Ponder . . .
The storm has passed. I've learned a little more about peace. It was inside all the time.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O P E = H
ang On! Peace Exists

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Courage
by Ralph Marston

Where does courage come from? What brings courage to life?

Courage is the commitment to do what you know is right. Courage arises when your integrity will not allow any other choice.

Courage comes from following a purpose that goes beyond your own petty concerns. Because of that, courage gives far-reaching power and consequence to your actions.

In the short term, courage can often appear foolish. In the long run, courage has the power to move the whole world in a positive direction.

Courage asks much of you, yet it is not complicated and is always within your reach. Courage is truth put into action.

In every moment, courage is there for you to choose. In every moment, courage is the choice that will fulfill the best of who you are.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment