Monday, December 12, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 12-12-2016

Monday, December 5, 2016
Today's Gift

If I am to be remembered, I hope it is for the honesty I try to demonstrate, the patience I try to live by, and the compassion I feel for others. —JoAnn Reed

Each of us hopes we are leaving a lasting, positive impression on those we befriend and maybe even those we encounter by chance. Having others speak well of us provides the strokes that are often necessary to our "keeping on" when difficulties surface. What we sometimes forget is that we are responsible for whatever lasting impression we leave.

Our behavior does influence what another person carries away from our mutual experience.

We may have left unfavorable impressions during our using days. On occasion, we do yet. However, it's progress, not perfection, we're after. And each day we begin anew, with a clear slate and fresh opportunities to spread good cheer, to treat others with love and respect, to face head-on and with full honesty all situations drawing our attention and participation.

As I look forward to the hours ahead, I will remember that I control my actions toward others. If I want to be remembered fondly, I must treat each person so.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

I like a person with faults, especially when they know it. To err is human - I'm uncomfortable around gods. --Hugh Prather

We are more comfortable around a person who has faults and knows it. We respect such a person. So why do we have such a hard time admitting our own faults? This matter of honesty comes very gradually and only with hard work. We may have to force ourselves to admit a fault because we expect to feel unworthy. In fact, what we do feel after admitting a fault is peacefulness and self-respect. We may expect to be rejected and judged by friends, but usually friendships grow more solid when we admit our faults. A true friend does not need to trust that we will always be right, only that we will be honest.

At this moment are we being nagged by some fault? Is there something about the way we have talked to someone that doesn't seem right? Have we been unfair or dishonest? Loife is about progress, not perfection. So, to make progress we admit our imperfections, and as we do, we become more fully human.

Action for the Day: God, in this moment when I feel my human mistakes, help me to be open to your love.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Progression
The progression of this disease catapulted me into outer space.
An excess of chemical propellant overworked my sensory mechanism;
like the crippled Apollo 13 spacecraft, I was almost stranded on the dark side of the moon.
I could not manage the added power; I was not able to control this by myself.
I needed a helping Hand, the spiritual reserve of a Higher Power.
I felt like a person in a tunnel with no opening at the other end,
or like a driver wearing sunglasses at night.
- Came To Believe . . ., p, 49

Thought to Ponder . . .
Today, my brain has cleared with the grace of clarity.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
K I S S = K
eeping It Simple, Spiritually

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

The magic of generosity
by Ralph Marston

Do you want to immediately add richness to your life? Do it with generosity.

No one is going to stop you or disparage you when you live and act with sincere generosity toward others. Generosity gives you free rein to make a positive and meaningful difference.

You don’t need money or material wealth to be generous. You can be generous with your time, your attention, your opinion, your knowledge and expertise.

Today you’ll have opportunities to give comfort, encouragement, joy, reassurance, assistance and wisdom. Generously embrace those opportunities, and transform them into living goodness.

Generosity gives you the power to be a positive force in the world. Feel that power, and lovingly put it to use.

One act of generosity enriches the lives of at least two people, and often many, many more. Spread the magic of your own generosity everywhere you go.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment