Friday, November 25, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 11-25-2016

Friday, November 25, 2016
Today's Gift

It's the awareness, the full experience... of how you are stuck, that makes you recover from our situation. —Frederick S. Perls

When we first become aware of a problem, a situation, or a feeling, we may react with anxiety or fear. There is no need to fear awareness. No need.

Awareness is the first step toward positive change and growth. It's the first step toward solving the problem, or getting the need met, the first step toward the future. It's how we focus on the next lesson.

Awareness is how life, the Universe, and our Higher Power get our attention and prepare us for change. The process of becoming changed begins with awareness. Awareness, acceptance, and change - that's the cycle. We can accept the temporary discomfort from awareness because that's how we're moved to a better place. We can accept the temporary discomfort because we can trust our Higher Power, and ourselves.

Today, I will be grateful for any awareness I encounter. I will display gratitude, peace, and dignity when life gets my attention. I will remember that it's okay to accept the temporary discomfort from awareness because I can trust that it's my Higher Power moving me forward.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©

From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Awareness

When we become aware of how far off our path we have strayed, when we see how cold and hard we were to someone we love, when we are no longer blind to our blindness - then we are touched by painful feelings. We feel guilty about the harm we caused. We grieve the lost moments and lost opportunities. We may feel angry with ourselves for our stubbornness. But even with our pain, we are worlds away from that blindness.

This new awareness is a spiritual place. It brings us back into contact with our Higher Power and makes us available to the words of wisdom and concern of others. It reminds us that no one can walk this path on their own power. We all must remain open and in contact with the healing relationships around us.

Action for the Day: I pray for awareness today as my doorway to spiritual healing.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

A Touch of Serenity
I was learning that I had a disease and that I could do something about it.
A great weight seemed to be lifting off my shoulders — and out of my life.
I often took long walks in the woods. It was December and snow had already fallen.
One afternoon as I was walking in the woods, it suddenly came to me
that I was more at peace with myself than I could recall ever having been.
A first touch of serenity had come to me.
I experienced an overwhelming feeling of thankfulness to God
for lifting me from the alcoholic sadness that bordered on despair.
- AA Around the World, p. 83

Thought to Ponder . . .
No God, no peace — know God, know peace.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H J F = H
appy, Joyous, Free

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

At peace with life
by Ralph Marston

Today, the frustrations do not have to frustrate you. The worries have no power to worry you.

Today, the most annoying things will not annoy you. For you have chosen to live at peace with life.

Today you have no need to prove yourself, plus many opportunities to improve yourself and your world. You can live with a true sense of purpose, and rise above what previously would have kept you down.

You can peacefully accept what is, where you are, and what has happened. Guided by your highest values and most treasured dreams, today you can make best use of all you have.

Today, you can relate to others and respond to events from a perspective of positive purpose. Setting aside differences and disagreements, you can understand and cooperate to do what’s in everyone’s best interest.

Today you can remind yourself how precious and valuable your life, and all of life, is. Today, you can live accordingly, with peaceful, purposeful power.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment