Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 8-16-2016

Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Today's Gift

I'll be the sun upon your head,
The wind about your face,
My love upon the path you tread,
And upon your wanderings, peace.
—Gordon Bok

Today I will feel. I will feel wind and water, earth and sun. I will feel rain, the taste of it, and the soft sting of its coolness. I will feel the familiar touch of my shirt against my skin, my hair across my face in the wind.

Today I will feel love like a candle on a birthday cake that never goes out - no matter how much you blow on it. I will feel compassion like a toothache, a dull pain that lets me go about my business but never goes away. I will feel joy and sorrow, pain, and pleasure. Today I will feel. I will feel like a human being, unique as a snowflake, common as grass.

How many different ways do I feel today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

The strongest rebellion may be expressed in quiet, undramatic behavior.---Benjamin Spock

In recovery, we each rebel against our disease. Each day we fight for the freedom to stay close to our Higher Power, friends and family.
It's mainly a quiet battle. It's fought daily. We fight and win by acting in a spiritual way. We fight and win every time we help a friend, go to meetings, or read about how to improve our lives
We move slowly but always forward. Rushing will only tire us out. Our battle will go on for life.
We are quiet fighters, but we're strong, for we do not fight alone. And we know what waits for us if we lose.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me stay free. When I want to give up, help me realize this is normal. Help me to keep fighting at these times.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll be a rebel. I will go to an extra meeting, or I'll talk with my sponsor. I'll find a way to help someone without the person knowing.


From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums
****************************

One Day At A Time


Persistence
If you persist, remarkable things will happen. When we look back, we realize
that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in our Higher Power’s hands
were better than anything we could have planned.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 100

Thought to Ponder . . .
The Three P's -- Patience, Persistence, Peace.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
B E S T = B
een Enjoying Sobriety Today?


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************

Daily Motivation



Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Everything to be
by Ralph Marston

You have nothing to prove and everything to be. What matters is the truth of who you are, not the way you appear to others.

In that pure, uncorrupted truth is an endless reservoir of real value. In that truth is beauty, goodness, love and fulfillment beyond everything you have ever thought to seek.

Give the honest truth of yourself, and you have no reason to strive or worry about making a good impression. Give the authentic truth of yourself, for it is the most loving, compassionate, uplifting and enabling thing you can do.

You do not have to strive against your own thoughts of limitation. Allow your unique beauty to continually unfold, and experience the power of how good and right it feels.

You do not have to be held captive by the thoughts or actions of others, or even by your perceptions of those thoughts and actions. You can allow yourself to be, positive and whole and fulfilled, now and always.

You have everything to be. Feel the miracle of your existence, and fill the world with joy.


From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment