Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 7-28-2016

Thursday, July 28, 2016
Today's Gift

One law for lion and ox is oppression. —William Blake

What would the forest be like if deer, squirrel, and owl alike were required to sleep only at noon? Or the sky, if all birds were forced by law to fly in lines? Or the sea, if all fish had to stay forever in schools? We all know a lion and an ox, and we've all acted like a chicken, jackass, goat, or fox. Now and then we're slow or fast, bright or dull, willing or not.

So when others go the way we know we must go, we will follow the same law. But we don't have to be as others are, just to avoid being thought "strange." How truly strange life would be if everyone were the same. We have our own way, our own good time, and own free laws to discover and obey.

Will I need to obey someone else's rules if I govern myself well?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

The best leaders are those who know how to follow.---Anonymous

Am I a leader or a follower? The fact is, I am responsible for where I end up. If I choose to be a follower, I'd better follow leaders who know where they are going. And I had better know where they're going.

If I choose to be leader, I'd better know that I'm responsible for getting myself on the right path. I also must be honest with my followers, so they can make good choices. I'm not responsible for my followers choices, but I must give them the truth. Being a leader doesn't always mean that I know where I'll end up. But it can mean that I know I'm on the right path, following the lead from my Higher Power---one step at a time.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, give me the faith and courage to choose good leaders to follow. When it is Your will, help me be a good leader.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll list my leaders. They might be a Higher Power, a sponsor, or a friend. I'll think of why I choose to follow these leaders.


From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Perfection
Now, thanks to the Higher Power that motivates Alcoholics Anonymous,
I have a sane and good conscience, and no fanatical delusions about perfection.
I wouldn’t want perfection if I could have it, because in that case I’d cease to be an alcoholic
--and then I would certainly miss my AA group!
- Thank You For Sharing, p. 198

Thought to Ponder . . .
Once we understand ourselves, the rest of living falls in line.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H E A R T =
Healing, Enjoying, And Recovering Together


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Enthusiastic energy
by Ralph Marston

Activity creates energy. Involvement generates enthusiasm.

If you feel stuck, get up, get yourself moving, and create a change of scenery. If you feel bored or indifferent, make a commitment to make a positive difference for others.

Those who get the most out of life are those who put the most into it. Around every corner are situations where you can make meaningful contributions.

If you expect genuine fulfillment to be served to you on a silver platter, you’ll be sadly disappointed. If you’re cynical or dismayed, there’s much you can do to change your impression.

If you care about life enough to criticize it, then you can care enough to actively improve it. You can transform the power of your dismay and disappointment into energy that will make a positive difference.

Get yourself more active and get yourself more involved. Feel the joy and fulfillment of pointing enthusiastic energy in a positive direction.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment