Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 5-17-2016

Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Today's Gift


It is only those whose eyes have been washed clear with tears who get the broad vision that makes them little sisters and brothers to all the world. --Dorothy Dix

The storms of our lives benefit us like the storms that hit our towns and homes and wash clean the air we breathe. Our storms bring to the surface the issues that plague us. Perhaps we still fear a job with responsibilities. Perhaps we still struggle with the significant other persons in our lives. Possessiveness is a particular storm that often haunts our progress. Storms force us to acknowledge these liabilities that continue to stand in our way, and acknowledgment is the step necessary to letting go.

Life is a whole series of storms, storms that help to sprout new growth, storms that flush clean our own clogged drains. The peace that comes after a storm is worth singing about.

Each storm can be likened to a rung on the ladder to wholeness, the ladder to full membership in the healthy human race. The storms make climbing tough, but we get strength with each step. The next storm will be more easily weathered.

If today is a stormy day, let me remember it will freshen the air I breathe.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day


********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple


Each day provides its own gifts.---Ruth P. Freedman

Spiritual growth is the greatest gift we can receive. And we earn it through taking risks. There is much risk involved in working the Steps: The risk of admitting that we're out of control. The risk of turning our will and lives over to a Power greater than ourselves. The risk of letting go of character defects. The risk of making amends to people we've harmed. The risk of admitting our wrongs. The risk of telling our stories as we carry the message of hope. To grow spiritually, we need these adventures. These challenges. These risk.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me to take the risks that I need in order to grow.

Action for the Day: I will look at today as an adventure with my Higher Power. I will list the fears I'll need to let go of.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Perspective
The Big Book tells me how I can use the Twelve Steps to cope with my problems and discover who I am.
The Third Step gave me a perspective from outside myself,
an objective viewpoint from which I could see myself as I am, not as I would like to be,
and thus helped me to approach what is now the excitement of living.
- AA Around the World, p. 62

Thought to Ponder . . .
My perspective will change my perception. My perception will change my experience.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S T E P S =
Solutions To Every Problem in Sobriety.


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)  http://www.aa-alive.net/index.html

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Challenges you face
by Ralph Marston

When something is holding you back, don’t add to its negative power. Put your energy into working your way around it.

When you see an obstacle in your path, don’t continue to curse it or blame it for your lack of progress. Immediately start working to get beyond it.

If you hear yourself making excuses, you have a powerful opportunity. Stop making excuses and start making changes that will render those excuses inoperative.

Realize that whatever is standing in your way is challenging you to look for new options. Seize that challenge, find a more workable option, and act to implement it.

Pause for just a moment and reconnect yourself with your purpose. Feel the driving power that has already brought you successfully to this point.

Then fully apply that power to the challenges you now face. Before long, you’ll have put yourself well beyond them.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment