Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 3-29-2016

Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Today's Gift

It’s never overreacting to ask for what you want and need. ― Amy Poehler

Getting Needs Met

Picture yourself walking through a meadow. There is a path opening before you. As you walk, you feel hungry. Look to your left. There's a fruit tree in full ripe. Pick what you need.

Steps later, you notice you're thirsty. On your right, there's a fresh water spring.

When you are tired, a resting place emerges. When you are lonely, a friend appears to walk with you. When you get lost, a teacher with a map appears.

Before long, you notice the flow: need and supply, desire and fulfillment. Maybe, you wonder, someone gave me the need because someone planned to fulfill it. Maybe I had to feel the need, so I would notice and accept the gift. Maybe closing my eyes to the desire closes my arms to its fulfillment.

Demand and supply, desire and fulfillment -- a continuous cycle, unless we break it. All the necessary supplies have already been planned and provided for this journey.

Today, everything I need shall be supplied to me.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day


Keep It Simple

Our Higher Power is not a cosmic bellboy.---Harry Emerson Fosdick

We have to laugh when we look back at the times we treated our Higher Power like our servant. Who did we think we were, ordering our Higher Power to do something for us? But we got away with it. Our Higher Power even did some of the things we asked. Now we know that our Higher Power is not a servant. As we work the Steps, we know we don't give orders to our Higher Power. We don't expect our Higher Power to work miracles every time we'd like one. we're asking our Higher Power to lead us. After all, who knows what is best for us---our Higher Power or us? Our Higher Power has many wonderful gifts for us. Our Higher Power will show us goals, help us live in love and joy, and give us strength.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, show me ways to help others as You've helped me. I'm grateful that You love me and help me.

Action for the Day: Today ,I'll make a list of times my Higher Power has helped me out of trouble.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time


Facing Challenges
Life is meant to be lived by facing the challenges it brings. Otherwise, I'm not living, just existing.
My Higher Power didn't give me this gift of sobriety to sit in a rocking chair,
imagining myself as some wise old woman who has arrived somewhere.
There is no easier, softer way. . .
The teaching I receive in Alcoholics Anonymous about courage and love
helps me to continue to grapple with the challenges of life as they are given to me, one day at a time.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], p. 320

Thought to Ponder . . .
If I have the courage to begin, I have the courage to succeed.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
O D A A T = One Day At A Time.

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)


***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

The miracle that is all that is
by Ralph Marston

Life is magical, and the magic springs forth from the way you live it. This day is magical, and your job is to make it so.

Do not long for the way things were when things were good. The goodness you recall lives within you still, and is begging you to express it in new ways today.

Do not wish for your fondest dreams and highest values to be realized. Bring them to life in all you do.

If you strive to separate problems from opportunities, desirable from undesirable, you end up with nothing but striving. Embrace life as it is, allowing your love to amplify its richness.

Let the illusion of separation melt away. When you have a thought, the whole world thinks that thought, and what you feel, life itself feels.

Open yourself to the miracle that is all that is. You have great things to do with it now.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment